Kraton Official K8S Available Hop-ups Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it either. Every one is saying how good these diffs are yet some of us are having major problems
I think once these metal diff cups are installed, the diffs will be pretty much bulletproof.
We shall see... ?

I think the K8S Arrma body is the most durable one they make. It's tough as nails.
bulletproof body
M2C said they don't have any plans to make the part at this time. I have snapped like 3 or 4 already. I guess i'm a crappy driver :)
This is me just saying this. Buy you some aluminum at the thickness you need. use some power tools and cut it out and work it in so it fits like you want. these plastic shock towers stock are awesome for the Outcast 8S. I only say this because I would like to see some homw made parts that aren't CNC machined. Yes, I know.. this guy is weird but when your done its your custom build and you learn a lot.

bulletproof body

This is me just saying this. Buy you some aluminum at the thickness you need. use some power tools and cut it out and work it in so it fits like you want. these plastic shock towers stock are awesome for the Outcast 8S. I only say this because I would like to see some homw made parts that aren't CNC machined. Yes, I know.. this guy is weird but when your done its your custom build and you learn a lot.
Yea i actually got some 5MM threaded rod and put lock nuts on both ends. It seems to be working, but is a pain to remove because of the location of the nut on the inside area. it has bent slightly but not broke. I bought some stock replacements that I will prob put in when i rebuild the front end tonight or tomorrow. I am replacing the front gearbox housing because i found that 2 of the screws holding the steering top plate are stripped, and i think that may have been giving some play that contributing to the breakage of the upper hinge pins. Thanks!

Just bash it rc do an alternative chassis to the M2C, if you don't want to change the wheelbase and mess about cutting body shells.
https://justbashitrc.com/shop/pre-order-only-kraton-8s-jbirc-7075-t651-aircraft-grade-aluminum/
I got the 7075 aluminum it’s awesome here some pics

985B8101-DBBD-4EE0-AE8E-E3748680ECF0.jpeg

E753C145-4E30-4397-875E-688B5BCB3703.jpeg

949855B9-7E9D-4964-A630-B2FEE9019D2D.jpeg

Has anyone tried these aftermarket driveshafts for the K8S? I bent my stock 5mm ones between my first and second run. They claim that they are tougher than stock at 7mm thick ?
https://www.jteamhobbies.com/products/makx181f0rs-bk
Any one use these yet? I Broke a drive shaft today and these are the same price as stockers but 1.5mm thicker.
I’d be willing to invest in all four corners if someone has had good experience with them.

Any one use these yet? I Broke a drive shaft today and these are the same price as stockers but 1.5mm thicker.
I’d be willing to invest in all four corners if someone has had good experience with them.
They are meh. They did bend as much as stock with time. Some other people mentioned that the pin that goes into the drive cups can snap off easily too. I tried them on my K8S and they bent after a few bad landings. It did take longer to bend them, but I was able to. Also in the front, one of them broke inside the hub (the cvd part). So yeah they are weren't that good. The best thing to is not to land on one wheel or cartwheel.

They are meh. They did bend as much as stock with time. Some other people mentioned that the pin that goes into the drive cups can snap off easily too. I tried them on my K8S and they bent after a few bad landings. It did take longer to bend them, but I was able to. Also in the front, one of them broke inside the hub (the cvd part). So yeah they are weren't that good. The best thing to is not to land on one wheel or cartwheel.
Thank you. The part that goes inside the cup snapped clean offI’ve def had some questionable landings and more than a few cartwheels. I’m surprised nothing else broke and it didnt happen sooner.

interestingly enough, I was running my truck on flat ground when it broke. Tried to pop a wheelie and ride it out but the shaft gave up and that was game over.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back