Kraton Official K8S Available Hop-ups Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Your link is just a google search...

Personally, I haven't been a huge fan of gpm as you have mentioned.

Realistically though, if you're breaking a wing mount every time out then you will probably just bend the gpm.

I do think that if you're in a cold climate, it's possible that the plastic can become brittle which if that is the case, the gpm might be okay?

In the past I've always preferred to use plastic parts on anythinf that is a "quick fix" in the field. If it's something like a shock tower on some of my cars that's a total female dog to swap out, then I intentionally beef up those areas.

Bottom line is, if you make something strong something else will break. Make sure thst part breaking is a cheap and quick fix!

Your link is just a google search...

Personally, I haven't been a huge fan of gpm as you have mentioned.

Realistically though, if you're breaking a wing mount every time out then you will probably just bend the gpm.

I do think that if you're in a cold climate, it's possible that the plastic can become brittle which if that is the case, the gpm might be okay?

In the past I've always preferred to use plastic parts on anythinf that is a "quick fix" in the field. If it's something like a shock tower on some of my cars that's a total female dog to swap out, then I intentionally beef up those areas.

Bottom line is, if you make something strong something else will break. Make sure thst part breaking is a cheap and quick fix!
I fixed the link. Thx.
yea I am concerned about the idea of sending the break to other parts too. The weird thing is most of the breaks are not really hard hits. Some are, but most have not been. I realize my driving style (or lack thereof) is contributing, but it feels like the last several replacement wing mounts have been much more brittle. Yes temps are lower here in Ohio, and likely the explanation, but I’m getting tired of replacing wing mounts all the time. I wish RPM would make a more flexible one or something. I think the bolts holding the wing mount on would snap before the shock towers would if I put in a aluminum wing mount, because I have snapped the screws even with the plastic mount. This gpm one is pretty expensive too. Humm

I fixed the link. Thx.
yea I am concerned about the idea of sending the break to other parts too. The weird thing is most of the breaks are not really hard hits. Some are, but most have not been. I realize my driving style (or lack thereof) is contributing, but it feels like the last several replacement wing mounts have been much more brittle. Yes temps are lower here in Ohio, and likely the explanation, but I’m getting tired of replacing wing mounts all the time. I wish RPM would make a more flexible one or something. I think the bolts holding the wing mount on would snap before the shock towers would if I put in a aluminum wing mount, because I have snapped the screws even with the plastic mount. This gpm one is pretty expensive too. Humm
Hmm, I haven't broke a wing mount yet but I'm sure I will soon as I'm up here with you in Ontario.

I wonder what would happen if we got say, an aluminium mount with maybe some cheap brass screws?

I'm going to look into this a bit!

Would it be possible to show me a picture where your wing mount keeps breaking? Same Location?

I hare

I am having the same problem. Been through 4 wing mounts myself. I’m thinking of trying to come up with a way to have either the wing and mount both break away or possibly even just the wing break away. Adding the aluminum is just going to make the tower snap I would think.

This is where mine has snapped every single time

image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe use aluminum bolts or maybe even plastic or nylon bolts?

I am having the same problem. Been through 4 wing mounts myself. I’m thinking of trying to come up with a way to have either the wing and mount both break away or possibly even just the wing break away. Adding the aluminum is just going to make the tower snap I would think.

This is where mine has snapped every single time

View attachment 111863

View attachment 111864

Maybe use aluminum bolts or maybe even plastic or nylon bolts?
This is how mine broke this last time. Actually first it broke the wing right off at the mount top and left the wheelie bar in tact, then later in the run the wheelie bar broke off and also left the mounts like you showed in the pic. I have actually broke multiple parts of the mount in different ways to be honest. I think the most recent breakage similar to yours I made sure the screws were very tight. In the past when I haven’t snugged down the screws as tight I have snapped or broke the screws. Personally I feel like the shock towers are pretty beefy and might hold up to more abuse. Based on this, if it wasn’t for the $85 for the gpm mount (and their sub par reputation) I might consider pulling the trigger. Why is nobody at RPM in play here. Seems like easy money for them.
This is how mine broke this last time. Actually first it broke the wing right off at the mount top and left the wheelie bar in tact, then later in the run the wheelie bar broke off and also left the mounts like you showed in the pic. I have actually broke multiple parts of the mount in different ways to be honest. I think the most recent breakage similar to yours I made sure the screws were very tight. In the past when I haven’t snugged down the screws as tight I have snapped or broke the screws. Personally I feel like the shock towers are pretty beefy and might hold up to more abuse. Based on this, if it wasn’t for the $85 for the gpm mount (and their sub par reputation) I might consider pulling the trigger. Why is nobody at RPM in play here. Seems like easy money for them.
I also think that maintaining fitment with some stock parts makes sense. For example, the stock wheelie bar part, for the most part is pretty solid. Gives some flex, sure the bolts bend some, but that being plastic is good. That’s part of what I don’t like about the GPM parts. Removes the give in all the parts. So if someone made the mount in strong aluminum that allows fitment of the stock wheelie bar and wing, the flex would be in those 2 pieces vs the mount. @m2c please help!! @RC DUDE81 @Rich Duperbash can you guys get with Mitch to see if he can work his magic here? Thanks!

Last edited:

I also think that maintaining fitment with some stock parts makes sense. For example, the stock wheelie bar part, for the most part is pretty solid. Gives some flex, sure the bolts bend some, but that being plastic is good. That’s part of what I don’t like about the GPM parts. Removes the give in all the parts. So if someone made the mount in strong aluminum that allows fitment of the stock wheelie bar and wing, the flex would be in those 2 pieces vs the mount. @m2c please help!! @RC DUDE81 @Rich Duperbash can you guys get with Mitch to see if he can work his magic here? Thanks!
You could just 3d print like 50 spares for the price of one gpm lol

Vitavon 7075 ally steering bell crank for the 8s models with increased turning angle.

View attachment 110329
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitavon-re...500242?hash=item422465e992:g:5dUAAOSwnclfriCr

So, I was thinking about getting these for the advertised increased turning angle, but I think it's false advertising.

You cannot get more turning angle on our trucks because the shaft that the wheel sits on actually makes contact with the with the pillow-balls. If you turn your wheels all the way to either the left or the right, you'll see that they bind and the angle cannot be increased...at least not without a different design knuckles...

The website suggests that you need to purchase their carriers as well

that's great! Unfortunately they are VERY expensive. $112 US for 1 pair? humm not sure im going there. I might wait to see how they hold up for others first. I could see double the price of the stock part, but thats almost 3x.
They are definitely expensive! But if they don’t bend or snap pins they will be worth it in the long run. I haven’t bought any yet as I have a couple spares left, but they are definitely on my radar.
Just thought I’d share with the community for those that weren’t aware. ?

Fyi: they also make titanium pillow balls and turnbuckles for the 8s models.
Might have to get the pillow balls as I keep bending the stock one’s...

Last edited:
They are definitely expensive! But if they don’t bend or snap pins they will be worth it in the long run. I haven’t bought any yet as I have a couple spares left, but they are definitely on my radar.
Just thought I’d share with the community for those that weren’t aware. ?

Fyi: they also make titanium pillow balls and turnbuckles for the 8s models.
Might have to get the pillow balls as I keep bending the stock one’s...
yea I absolutely appreciate you sharing. I have been watching for them to come available, I was just hoping they would be in the $80 US for a pair range. I would buy 2 sets in an instant at that price. thanks for the info on the turnbuckles. i did see them on the site and have them in my cart.

Yes. Tougher than stock. So far, so good.
They eventually bent on me. It took longer but it did happen. Also in the front, one of them snapped off where the CVD goes into the front hub on a bad landing. So I think they work betterment for the rear. They are just a little better than stock for the rear. That's been my experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back