Official winter thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn winter!!! Brrrrr shiver shiver!!! Sorry just had to ;)
102721.jpg

For snow driving? Wouldn't you want them sealed?
No , vent them for any reason , sand / mud / snow and ballooning, you want them to get out whatever gets inside . Say you don't vent them and they are sealed up and your tire comes a little unglued on an edge , now water WILL get inside and have nowhere to go . Tires will get more out of balance than they already are and not only will the tire fail very quick , that extra weight in the tire now can cause damage to drivetrain parts from being "heavy" and shaking .

No , vent them for any reason , sand / mud / snow and ballooning, you want them to get out whatever gets inside . Say you don't vent them and they are sealed up and your tire comes a little unglued on an edge , now water WILL get inside and have nowhere to go . Tires will get more out of balance than they already are and not only will the tire fail very quick , that extra weight in the tire now can cause damage to drivetrain parts from being "heavy" and shaking .

Really informative. Thought the opposite for years. Well something new to write home about.

Considering for those that don't run in winter. Better to back the car up to avoid stand flats or it doesn't matter with rc? Have always put it on a stand.

My favorite rig for snow is the trash6. It rules.

I still run my arrmas, too, though! I have some friends who like to do parking lot racing during winter. It's a hoot with all the variable conditions.

If you just put paddles on the rear, you can still steer in most snow 😉

20201024_134401.jpg

But nothing works in a foot of fresh cold smoke...😆

My favorite rig for snow is the trash6. It rules.

I still run my arrmas, too, though! I have some friends who like to do parking lot racing during winter. It's a hoot with all the variable conditions.

If you just put paddles on the rear, you can still steer in most snow 😉

View attachment 177681
But nothing works in a foot of fresh cold smoke...😆
What truck is that??

Really informative. Thought the opposite for years. Well something new to write home about.

Considering for those that don't run in winter. Better to back the car up to avoid stand flats or it doesn't matter with rc? Have always put it on a stand.
I keep my cars on stands whether they’re sitting for a little while or long while. Avoids flat spots on the tires. I also think it’s better for the shocks and the arms to not have the weight on them. I don’t use fancy stands, just the little boxes that Horizon sends me parts in.

84D5535E-CDA0-4A55-96BB-05DF33A349FD.jpeg

Might buy a cheap beater. So I don't have to worry about the expenses esc and everything else. When I get the itch
What are you thinking?

I'm looking into one as well, but but sure what one. Any brand, just want one I can trash around and not worry too much about.

Looking at a Vorteks or Senton 3s, but I know nothing about them. They look ohk and are relatively inexpensive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back