Official winter thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only issues I've experienced with rc's in snow are water in the tires and bearings.
Tires are easy to vent,bearings are cheap enough to replace.
Now if I had a CC(or similar$)equipped rig, I might be concerned just because of the cost of replacing if the water got into them.. I generally only buy cheaper/rtr electronics so..waiting for some snow for bashing!!

Resized_20210110_124946.jpeg

Is that the redcat kajiu or just using the wheels from the redcat kaiju?
Yes, it is a Kaiju. It's my go to rig for mud and snow. This pic is from last winter. I also have a Tekno mt410, but only ran that on top of crusty snow.. she's kinda my baby, lol.
This year, I've added a few more rigs..Mexb, kronos xtr and hopefully soon to be delivered Kexb 6s😁 the wife's just thrilled with my latest addiction 😆🤪
Likely, only the Kaiju will end up in the trenches(snowbanks) tho.. poor Kaiju. 😆

Yes, it is a Kaiju. It's my go to rig for mud and snow. This pic is from last winter. I also have a Tekno mt410, but only ran that on top of crusty snow.. she's kinda my baby, lol.
This year, I've added a few more rigs..Mexb, kronos xtr and hopefully soon to be delivered Kexb 6s😁 the wife's just thrilled with my latest addiction 😆🤪
Likely, only the Kaiju will end up in the trenches(snowbanks) tho.. poor Kaiju. 😆
I'll look into one!

Yeah, if you can make the electronics reasonably water resistant then bearings are what seem to get destroyed by winter running most quickly. I used to replace them every season because they also get destroyed by the sandy conditions around here and if I start running on a new set in April they're usually crunchy by October. Therefore if I decided to run in the winter I would keep the old bearings in and then replace them in the spring as usual. Will probably do that with my Kraton this year.

Forgot about the Hoss I bought from my brother a few months ago, that will definitely get sent off a snowbank this winter👍
It was a pity buy.. he was so disappointed about spending $500 on it😂
Now I'M disappointed about spending $200 for it🤣. JK, it was well worth $200 even though it blew rear axles the first time I bashed it!

Just DON'T DO IT!! HaHa!!
That thing sounds mean bro! Frickin rippin'😎
I gotta get me a gopro or something. I had some epic bashing the other day with a kaiju, xmaxx and hoss..I tried to capture it with one of those knockoff gopros from amazon, but it just kept shutting off..
Got about 8" of snow here but it has a crust on it that's hard enough to hold my 280lb azz up so even the xmaxx jumping nearly 15 foot high didn't break through😮😁😎

Just DON'T DO IT!! HaHa!!
That thing sounds mean bro! Frickin rippin'😎
I gotta get me a gopro or something. I had some epic bashing the other day with a kaiju, xmaxx and hoss..I tried to capture it with one of those knockoff gopros from amazon, but it just kept shutting off..
Got about 8" of snow here but it has a crust on it that's hard enough to hold my 280lb azz up so even the xmaxx jumping nearly 15 foot high didn't break through😮😁😎
Definitely!! This was shot on my Z Fold 3.

My batteries are rarely charged on my Gopro 9. Lol.

Attachments

• napoleondynamite-lucky.gif
    napoleondynamite-lucky.gif
    609.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I haven't been out lately despite lots of snow and mild temps. It's all melting with pools of water everywhere. One thing to run in light powder snow and then knock/blow most of it off afterwards, another to drench the car with liquid water/salt runoff from the roads. Might just wait until spring at this rate.

I haven't been out lately despite lots of snow and mild temps. It's all melting with pools of water everywhere. One thing to run in light powder snow and then knock/blow most of it off afterwards, another to drench the car with liquid water/salt runoff from the roads. Might just wait until spring at this rate.
Yeah, salt is definitely a no go for me too. I live on a dead end that leads straight to my driveway. Sometimes the public plow truck will put salt down on my driveway but not usually.
I've tried using air compressor to blow the snow off, but it seems like it just forces water into everything.
I bang/tap the snow off and set them upside down for a bit in the cold garage. When I'm done for the day, I bring em into house to dry. Usually in a bathtub..wife just loves that, haha.
Once dry, back out to the cold garage they go till next time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back