Official winter thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do it all.

It just doesn't make sense how one won't drive in snow/slush grime, but will no problem speed run into a curb or jump 50 feet and nose dive.

Everything has potential to cause damage and 20 minutes of aftercare is worth a rip/bash session and some great footage.

Money will be spent no matter what.

Z fold 3!? Wtf is that? I've heard of Ben Folds Five 🤣
Sorry, my post got all jumbled 🙄
HAHAHA The only reason I knew what he meant is because I just got a new phone and that was one of the options. :ROFLMAO:
I do it all.

It just doesn't make sense how one won't drive in snow/slush grime, but will no problem speed run into a curb or jump 50 feet and nose dive.

Everything has potential to cause damage and 20 minutes of aftercare is worth a rip/bash session and some great footage.

Money will be spent no matter what.
I don't have snow (wish I did) but the next best thing (sand) I have tons of and it makes a very F'd up sound when it goes through the pinion and spur. But its worth it! :p

Last edited:
Only issues I've experienced with rc's in snow are water in the tires and bearings.
Tires are easy to vent,bearings are cheap enough to replace.
Now if I had a CC(or similar$)equipped rig, I might be concerned just because of the cost of replacing if the water got into them.. I generally only buy cheaper/rtr electronics so..waiting for some snow for bashing!!

View attachment 178091
Just add surup!!

Ok, let's go against the grain here. 🤣
69°F and sunny today.
20220211_152607.jpg

Got out for a run this morning on hard packed snow, catching some air off snow mounds. Sick of winter and ready for spring.
Me too. We had a warm up, then rain, now frozen again..hard icy snow. Slip n slide'o Rama! I don't doubt that the plastics loose some flexibility, but damn I had some fun and no breakage 👍😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back