Typhon Officially an Arrma owner now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedeval03

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
240C015A-747E-4399-9AF2-720BF138C636.jpeg 61302823-428A-491C-82EE-A6532C18A158.jpeg CCB05113-5968-44D1-B5BC-01D9FDC3EE11.jpeg pulled the trigger and ordered my Typhon a couple weeks back and a bunch of goodies also. Hot Racing full steering set up-diff cups-Fast Eddies bearing kit-Mugen 0206 shim kit-100k and 10k silicone oils-SMC 4s batts-3 piece rear axle dirt cover set-full sets of Duratrax Lock Ups, Six Pack, & Bandito. What is typical run time that you guys are getting out of the stock bearings or just go ahead and swap them in while everything is already apart for shimming etc?

Have been looking at the Voltage goodies and trying to decide what I should pick up next say the suspension mounts in aluminum? Or is the Typhon as good as I read out of the box? I am open to any suggestions for parts and what nots to have on hand as well.

Already trying to decide which Arrma I want to add next!!! New Notorious is sweet, but also like the Kraton too many choices.

The first mod I have done so far on it was to help counter the high temps I read about. I noticed there isn't much room for air to get up under the body so I took my Dremel and removed each side window to get more air in. I was going to do just the windshield, but I have always had great luck through the years doing the side.

Thanks
David

Last edited:
Cha-ching $$$$$ :D

I have over $500 into my Kraton, not including tires, batteries or a charger. It's all in aluminium upgrade parts and RPM composite upgrades. It adds up! I'm trying to not go as nuts with my Typhon. All I did so far was a new servo and replaced all the bearings. Definitely do your bearing while you are doing your diffs. Get it out of the way.

If you haven't done the servo, I'd suggest that. Also get the Voltage Hobbies servo mount. It's really nice and removes all the flex. I have a post in the Kraton section of all my upgrades if you are looking for ideas.

Cha-ching $$$$$ :D.

I have over $500 into my Kraton, not including tires, batteries or a charger. It's all in aluminium upgrade parts and RPM composite upgrades. It adds up! I'm trying to not go as nuts with my Typhon. All I did so far was a new servo and replaced all the bearings. Definitely do your bearing while you are doing your diffs. Get it out of the way.

If you haven't done the servo, I'd suggest that. Also get the Voltage Hobbies servo mount. It's really nice and removes all the flex. I have a post in the Kraton section of all my upgrades if you are looking for ideas.

tag me in it @bicketybam Somehow I had the Savox 1210SG selected but forgot to put it in my cart. Also thought about picking up the HR gear bulkheads. Voltage servo mount is definitely being picked up soon. I hear you on the upgrades and "essentials" I have already spent close to 4 bills so far. I just can't leave anything alone. I was always the guy that builds them up instead of waiting to break something lol

And why is it I have yet to see anyone recommend the use of Boca brand bearings?
I think just because they are not sold thru RC hobby shops. If you don't mind picking out each bearing (and know the sizes), I would think Boca could probably save you a few bucks. OTOH, places like Avid, or Fast Eddies have pre-spec'ed kits, and Avid lets you pick standard, rubber shield, ceramic, etc, as you build the kit.

also, can someone confirm this Castle external bec will suit the needs for the Arrma's? I have never used one so I am not 60% up to speed on the use of these at this moment, BUT I know I need one when I upgrade the servo. As for hooking it up correctly, over all use, etc...not

https://www.hobbytown.com/bec-2.0-w...mp-by-castle-creations-cse010-0153-00/p575484

I really don't think you have to run a BEC when you swap servos. I don't. Plus I know at some point I will upgrade the BLX185 to a Castle or Hobbywing that will have a better BEC built in.

I think just because they are not sold thru RC hobby shops. If you don't mind picking out each bearing (and know the sizes), I would think Boca could probably save you a few bucks. OTOH, places like Avid, or Fast Eddies have pre-spec'ed kits, and Avid lets you pick standard, rubber shield, ceramic, etc, as you build the kit.
Boca has kits already offered I haven’t double checked sizes yet.

https://www.bocabearings.com/search?w=Arrma+typhon

HOOOLEE CHIT the Typhon is a friggin blast right out of the box on 4s. Got tired of waiting for some things to come in and decided to break the virgin off of it. Definitely need to get off my butt and go through it now.

HOOOLEE CHIT the Typhon is a friggin blast right out of the box on 4s. Got tired of waiting for some things to come in and decided to break the virgin off of it. Definitely need to get off my butt and go through it now.

That lil’ bastard sure can scoot! Put the larger pinion in and run truggy tires with wheel extenders. On 6s it is easily 60+ mph.

That lil’ bastard sure can scoot! Put the larger pinion in and run truggy tires with wheel extenders. On 6s it is easily 60+ mph.
one thing I have noticed is that both front wheels are contacting the arms after the run as they rubbed grooves on them,

one thing I have noticed is that both front wheels are contacting the arms after the run as they rubbed grooves on them,

Yeah, the Pivot Ball front end has a lot of throw. Use the DR knob on the remote, and dial back the steering a bit till it no longer rubs. This will also let your servo live longer, as it will no longer be pushing against that hard stop.

Yeah, the Pivot Ball front end has a lot of throw. Use the DR knob on the remote, and dial back the steering a bit till it no longer rubs. This will also let your servo live longer, as it will no longer be pushing against that hard stop.
I already picked up a new Savox servo and some led's so I can see it at night. Might get some work done on it this weekend, still waiting on a couple more pieces to come in from M3

I done a thing today. As I sat there between watching the TV and lookin at the lap top reviewing threads here in Arrma world, I looked over at my Typhon. To beat today’s boredom I broke out my trusty pen and decided to put some color on the wheels. Not much fun and I have a pile of parts to put on it, but wasn’t feeling like doing much today. Color day it was.

Attachments

• A4E88958-F82A-413E-B74B-CA245C86339B.jpeg
    A4E88958-F82A-413E-B74B-CA245C86339B.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 39
  • FA452A34-5655-4E7C-9B7D-7D23923B2672.jpeg
    FA452A34-5655-4E7C-9B7D-7D23923B2672.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 40
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back