Fireteam Offroad Speed Runs - Whos the fastest so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wired up the the new build. Old 1717 swb Typhon hit 88mph before it flipped over trying to squeeze full throttle on sand. This was done with tires in the pic. This is a 1721/xlx2 on a Talion chassis to try and go for the record. Waiting on a couple things but basically done. She’s a tight fit lol

38D8F232-5BE3-4A7C-9DB7-A422223D4C44.jpeg

Old setup that hit 88 with 1717 and mmx8s, 80 percent throttle on 8s

2F08E56F-C6E4-4B73-87C9-1F861F903A85.png

C102772B-D35F-46D8-85A1-BA5D3F15A834.jpeg

Edit - guess I should iterate. The 88mph pass was with Amazon cheap basher lipos. The new setup I’m trying smc 6 and 8s battery setups

Last edited:
I will join this challenge with you. I got a this Mojave EXB and possible a long enough field of like 5-6 soccer fields.

Does the salt flats in CA count as off-road?

Just found this dried up lake 1.5hrs away.
View attachment 260144
For me off road means exactly that. No surface that is designed to drive a motor vehicle on. No streets, highways, roads, runways, parking lots, etc. I still think gravel roads as being unfair. In a perfect world we are in grass, sand, dirt, etc. The salt flats are for sure a bonus, but still in bounds IMO.

Think about the on road speed run world. We don’t all have access to the roads we see guys doing 200mph on. If we all had an equal road and climate, it surely would be more fair, but life’s not fair. Some overcome their roads, like James.

Salt flats doesn’t seem like “offroad” to me in that the fastest actual cars on the planet all set their speeds there. If one of the guys with the 190-200 mph arrma cars took the same car to the salt flats they’d probably be within a reasonable distance to the number they were hitting on the street. Just my opinion.

For me off road means exactly that. No surface that is designed to drive a motor vehicle on. No streets, highways, roads, runways, parking lots, etc. I still think gravel roads as being unfair. In a perfect world we are in grass, sand, dirt, etc. The salt flats are for sure a bonus, but still in bounds IMO.

Think about the on road speed run world. We don’t all have access to the roads we see guys doing 200mph on. If we all had an equal road and climate, it surely would be more fair, but life’s not fair. Some overcome their roads, like James.
Most of the hillbilly roads within 50 miles of me would make the heart race in a 1:1 car at 100mph, let alone 1/5 or 1/7.(most aren't in the best of shape)

Hardly any are straight enough to get a rig up to speed..... Roadmaps look like a plate of spaghetti..,.

And then there is the traffic

This has kept me out of the speed run crowd easily enough. Saved a lotta money that way.

We have some horse and cattle pastures around, but nothing to hope for prolonged 50+ mph before cartwheel city happens...... Lots of hidden rocks just exposed enough to cause bad things to happen....

An hour's drive North of us is Johnson City Tennessee, which has an outdoor sports complex and we have enjoyed that many times. My rigs don't need any heavy alterations to go faster than I need to wipe out with the best of them.

You speed guys are nuts, in a good way.....

National Geographic Running GIF by Nat Geo Wild

Last edited:
Most of the hillbilly roads within 50 miles of me would make the heart race in a 1:1 car at 100mph, let alone 1/5 or 1/7.(most aren't in the best of shape)

Hardly any are straight enough to get a rig up to speed..... Roadmaps look like a plate of spaghetti..,.

And then there is the traffic

This has kept me out of the speed run crowd easily enough. Saved a lotta money that way.

We have some horse and cattle pastures around, but nothing to hope for prolonged 50+ mph before cartwheel city happens...... Lots of hidden rocks just exposed enough to cause bad things to happen....

An hour's drive North of us is Johnson City Tennessee, which has an outdoor sports complex and we have enjoyed that many times. My rigs don't need any heavy alterations to go faster than I need to and wipe out with the best of them.

You speed guys or nuts, in a good way.....

National Geographic Running GIF by Nat Geo Wild
JC, TN is where my GF was born. Small world

First off-road 6S rip 59mph

150AE06A-3E2E-4292-9FE3-C6ABE6A89E10.png
AE4239FD-C1EC-4B6E-8F57-89CCBB4DAB40.jpeg

Really needs larger diameter tires. It’s rubbing it’s belly the whole way. Going to try the Belted Katars from the Talion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back