Typhon Offset buggy wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt6453

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Are there any offset buggy wheels out there? I'm looking at widening my Typhon 3s by only a small amount and ideally I'd like to run similar size wheels to stock but it seems the T3S isn't well catered for and I'd need to change the axles and hex to granite size just to get the hex extenders to work which is a pain and expensive.

I can see offset 3.2 dish OFNA wheels with 1/2 offset were a thing in the past but I can't find anyone who makes them anymore? Anything out there?

I would place a call to ProLine. They have the best selection of standalone wheels for buggys. I think you need 17mm hex?? Correct? On their site they don't say what the actual offset is of their wheels are, but based on their applications, there are slight offset differences. i.e. Xray fronts versus rears and others.... Also look at Duratrax. I don't see many options. You might stumble onto some China off-brand stuff if you search around.
Duratrax makes a Truggy +1/2" offset wheel/tire. Going bigger to a Truggy wheel may not work for you??:unsure:

I have the Duratrax Excons C2 for my K6s. 1/2" is rather wide and is a full inch gain in track width. I like it. Something to consider. I think you are looking for 1/4" Offset. That would be 1/2" total gain in TW. It all is dependant on what offset you have already on your rig for comparison. Good luck. Wider TW will gain more with On-Throttle steering but less stability at speed. There's a comfortable trade-off somewhere in there, based on how and where you drive.

It's a Typhon 3S so there's zero offset at the moment, the wheel mounts on the outside edge.

It maybe the case I'd gain more by putting MT tyres on as a lot of them seem to have a decent amount of offset.

Truggy Track wheels (larger than Buggy)are also light and offer a lower profile. Track wheels balloon less IMO. And are more balanced and precise. That's why they are used at the track in competition. Dished wheels are stronger than spoked. Just my observations.:cool::cool:

Are there any offset buggy wheels out there? I'm looking at widening my Typhon 3s by only a small amount and ideally I'd like to run similar size wheels to stock but it seems the T3S isn't well catered for and I'd need to change the axles and hex to granite size just to get the hex extenders to work which is a pain and expensive.

I can see offset 3.2 dish OFNA wheels with 1/2 offset were a thing in the past but I can't find anyone who makes them anymore? Anything out there?
Granite axles should be a super cheap swap. The only “expensive” part is the HR hexes. You would gain 10mm of width.

https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/6x30-to-17mm-hex-adapters.asp
https://www.prolineracing.com/accessories/8x32-to-17mm-hex-adapters.asp

These could work. But there is no published offset on the hex adapter wheels, so it depends on the limited supply of PL wheels that are available for 1/8 scale (17mm hex). None for the buggy size wheels. 1/10 wheels might work with 6x30 17mm adapters. That's a personal call. There are options.

I was eyeing these myself. Belted are beaucoup$$$. IMO. The Road Rage tires wear out fast. Had them already. Street Fighter I may $try$?https://www.prolineracing.com/1-10-monster-truck-tires-street/

I posted this elsewhere. Good bang for the buck. Zero ballooning at 56MPH. SweepSRC Terrain Crusher Belted. 17mm.
Terrain cCusher Belted.jpg

Needed very little balancing. But worth balancing for sure. Don't know that I would want any real big air with these. Very low profile...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back