Oh bams........where art thou??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you need help with?

The settings etc. How to dial it all in and fine tune it

You guys are gonna make me get the orange ?

That doesn't actually say anything. Might as well ask me how to drive an RC car.

What specifically do you want to do? Did you just install it and now want to know what to do next?

That doesn't actually say anything. Might as well ask me how to drive an RC car.

What specifically do you want to do? Did you just install it and now want to know what to do next?
Yeah basically. I did the basics. I bound my two cars and calibrated the servo and throttle on the transmitter. I don’t know if I have to do more like avc and steering trims etc.

Set steering links, trim and end points. This is a FS-GT5 on an Associated, but same idea.

You'll also want to turn off AVC. Why? Because it's stupid and your truck will jump like poop in the air.

Set steering links, trim and end points. This is a FS-GT5 on an Associated, but same idea.

You'll also want to turn off AVC. Why? Because it's stupid.

Oh. I thought you needed like 10% avc for speed runs?

I thought so too until I tried it. Not a good idea. It ends up going crazy due to motor rpm vibrations making the gyro react even when it’s going straight as an arrow.

I thought so too until I tried it. Not a good idea. It ends up going crazy due to motor rpm vibrations making the gyro react even when it’s going straight as an arrow.
You should have seen my limitless this evening. It wobbled so much I thought it was going to flip ?

You should have seen my limitless this evening. It wobbled so much I thought it was going to flip ?
Basically what the two gyros I’ve used did. Like a tank knocker on a crotch rocket.

AVC would probably help speed runs in certain circumstances. Would take me too long to explain.
If you’re racing across an icy lake? ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Last edited:
this is from blog.arrma-rc.com where they state how much they used in the 8S setup | https://blog.arrma-rc.com/news/behind-the-scenes-building-an-8s-infraction-to-take-on-a-supercar/
1584447538209.png

So I'd say 10% is too little

this is from blog.arrma-rc.com where they state how much they used in the 8S setup | https://blog.arrma-rc.com/news/behind-the-scenes-building-an-8s-infraction-to-take-on-a-supercar/
View attachment 70312

So I'd say 10% is too little
I really want a gyro to work as it will make speed runs so much easier, but anything over 15% on the Radiolink or YeahRacing gyros I own and the vibrations of the motor make the thing wobble the steering back and forth. Anything below 15% and you don’t get any noticeable correction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back