Kraton Oh snap NOT AGAIN!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Does anyone know of any way to stiffen the Kraton 4s chassis? This is the second time this has happened. It took a pretty tough landing but I really don’t think the chassis should snap so easy. Have y’all had this happen?
DAC6FF22-781A-4169-A2B1-B7EFEAA90424.jpeg

I’ve broken a few myself but if I’m being honest they were both after I was doing really dumb stuff like a full send at the skate park and couldn’t see where I landed. It was behind a tree and I tried to guess rotation and nose dived instead.

The other was a heavily abused Typhon that was already cracked from a front collision with a pole and purposely finished it on a long jump on a grass hill.

Only a possibility..... but could it be user error????? :unsure: Only you can figure that one out.

I did had some hard landings on concrete never broke the chassi and was the temperature cold outside? The only way i broke my chassi is almost going full speed into a light bar i did not even noticed it was broken until i got home and cleaned that i saw a crack and i kept running it like that?
Get a tbone bumper or something that buggy bumper is not good if you land nose first no absorbtions
I can see that the front bumper is craked must have been a really hard hit because the only way mine broke was after countless of hits chunks missing ect

I was sending the h3ll out of it, so I guess it
is user error and abuse. It’s fixed now except
one of the carbon fiber fittings on the hot racing steering hubs broke. CAN THOSE BE BOUGHT SEPARATE?
image.jpg

Wow CF snapped. I don't think they are available separately. Search around their site. Or use the stock. Bad CF in my opinion. Not all CF is made well or as strong as the next. IMO. It may be too thin. That's all.

A broken chassis like that is NOT normal. You must have really slammed into something hard.

If man made it. Man can break it. User error.:LOL:

I was sending the h3ll out of it, so I guess it
is user error and abuse. It’s fixed now except
one of the carbon fiber fittings on the hot racing steering hubs broke. CAN THOSE BE BOUGHT SEPARATE?View attachment 63918
This is the downside to Hot Racing. My best advice is to buy another set on Amazon and return the old ones on the new purchase. It’s the only way I know to get any warranty on their products. They usually don’t sell spare parts either.

Thats why im not a fan on hot racing anymore if you break something you cant remplace it or buy the spare part stuff like pivot balls for example its okay but actual diffs or other structural components that can break just don't

The CF arm link looks like poorly laid CF sheets or the arm links were cut from inappropriate CF. Too thin?
If you are creative enough, just buy a thicker sheet of CF online and make a new set using the remaining good arm link as a template. or use aluminum if you like. CF does work in this application if its thicker and better laid CF. Not all CF is the same. Also, I always advise to sand the edges of bare CF and use a bead of fast setting CA all around when new, let dry, then install. Once you get a tear or chip on CF, that area usually fails first. You have to keep CF repaired with CA most of the time. If you want it to last. CF in general is no good for bashing. IMO.
Great on my 1/10 pan and TC's.
HR should support replacement of just the arm links. Place a call to HobbyEtc. And hold your breath. Bad to no CS.
:cautious:
edit: I just found this part among 1,350 HR products. Probably not a match... keep searching.
https://www.hobbyetc.com/item.cgi?part_id=80229;browser=KBGxJJoOvBlKdT1cwx6yA
The part in question is also called a "Steering Plate".
https://www.hobbyetc.com/item.cgi?part_id=29591;browser=KBGxJJoOvBlKdT1cwx6yA
https://www.hobbyetc.com/item.cgi?part_id=121138;browser=KBGxJJoOvBlKdT1cwx6yA

Last edited:
The CF arm link looks like poorly laid CF sheets or the arm links were cut from inappropriate CF. Too thin?
If you are creative enough, just buy a thicker sheet of CF online and make a new set using the remaining good arm link as a template. or use aluminum if you like. CF does work in this application if its thicker and better laid CF. Not all CF is the same. Also, I always advise to sand the edges of bare CF and use a bead of fast setting CA all around when new, let dry, then install. Once you get a tear or chip on CF, that area usually fails first. You have to keep CF repaired with CA most of the time. If you want it to last. CF in general is no good for bashing. IMO.
Great on my 1/10 pan and TC's.
HR should support replacement of just the arm links. Place a call to HobbyEtc. And hold your breath. Bad to no CS.
:cautious:
edit: I just found this part among 1,350 HR products. Probably not a match... keep searching.
https://www.hobbyetc.com/item.cgi?part_id=80229;browser=KBGxJJoOvBlKdT1cwx6yA
The part in question is called a "Steering Plate".
I’ve called Hobby Etc a few times and the Hot Racing guy who knows about Arrmas is always out at the moment. They promise a call back but I’ve never received that call. ??

@jondilly1974, is his name Paul?
I remember reaching him on the first try for another Forum member having a HR shock issue. He seemed like a stand up guy. I don't know how the AF member did. I was lucky to get through to him. But our short conv. led me to believe that HR is a bad company for anything warranty or tech related. His hands are tied with this company. Hobby Etc. is just the US importer. Hob etc. is in the middle of moving their location this month. I don't expect much CS from them for a while.

@jondilly1974, is his name Paul?
I remember reaching him on the first try for another Forum member having a HR shock issue. He seemed like a stand up guy. I don't know how the AF member did. I was lucky to get through to him. But our short conv. led me to believe that HR is a bad company for anything warranty or tech related. His hands are tied with this company. Hobby Etc. is just the US importer. Hob etc. is in the middle of moving their location this month. I don't expect much CS from them for a while.
Never was given a name. Just called him the “Arrma guy”. No one else knew anything about Arrmas.

Does anyone know of any way to stiffen the Kraton 4s chassis? This is the second time this has happened. It took a pretty tough landing but I really don’t think the chassis should snap so easy. Have y’all had this happen?View attachment 63878

What shocks are they?

I would rather have a bent chassis over a cracked plastic one.:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back