Ohm resistance for brand new lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new3steel7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Hi guys
Got a question hoping someone with expertise can answer. I bought a couple sets of 4s batteries off CNHL and received them after 6 weeks. Bought some Green 90c and checked the ohm resistance. 6 to 8 total resistance. Those were fine. Ordered some RED hard case 100c 4s batteries and total resistance was like 22. The seller is telling me the 22 ohms are normal. I think that number kind of high for BRAND new batteries. Your feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

31253E2A-37DD-408B-80A4-4E8F445C2E22.jpeg

B171C378-9E38-449A-AA1C-BAF5AF31B3A5.jpeg

2412CCB0-7F9B-42DD-A72E-13C318F27247.jpeg

Hi guys
Got a question hoping someone with expertise can answer. I bought a couple sets of 4s batteries off CNHL and received them after 6 weeks. Bought some Green 90c and checked the ohm resistance. 6 to 8 total resistance. Those were fine. Ordered some RED hard case 100c 4s batteries and total resistance was like 22. The seller is telling me the 22 ohms are normal. I think that number kind of high for BRAND new batteries. Your feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

View attachment 184452

View attachment 184453

View attachment 184454
Seems somewhat high, but the more important thing is they are similar across all cells. In my experience you have to run your packs to break them in. I would run them through 5-10 cycles before they should be truly evaluated for much other than symmetry.

How did you check the IRs on that charger??? I can’t figure out how to do it on mine, and mine is the same exact one. Run them through a few cycles to see if it changes anything.

edit: I found it! It’s weird that they never mention it in the manual.

Last edited:
I would agree that they are somewhat high but it isn’t that excessive and you should be OK. I’ve had some cheap packs that measured in the same range and had no issues bashing with them. Also, just to be technically nit picky, the values you are measuring are in milliohms and not ohms.

I would agree that they are somewhat high but it isn’t that excessive and you should be OK. I’ve had some cheap packs that measured in the same range and had no issues bashing with them. Also, just to be technically nit picky, the values you are measuring are in milliohms and not ohms.
Lol, my 3s has 46 mOhms total… I still use it and bash with it…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back