Oil weight for my limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lim has a center 34t spool as stock . No diff.

I must assume are changing it it for a 46T diff???? Rather not assume however.🤷‍♂️
Any specific reason why changing to a diff if you are?
I run 200k center in my Infr. Stock was 100k cst. 500k may be my next option. But honestly. I would just go with a spool at that point.
I prefer the spool in my Lim. I like speed running it with a spool. Leaving the diff in my Infr.

You cannot use same diff oil in the shocks. I wouldn't. The highest I went in my shocks are 3k cst. Stock is 2k. FWIW.

You need to look at your manual better to know about your rig etc. Shock oil specs are there. Diff oil for front and rear also

Yeah man I put it in already the 46T I’ve been running it for a few weeks o want to do maintenance on it 46T with stock gear 27 is that good lol I’m new to this I like bashing any pointers on the gears to have a fast take off I would really appreciate it!

Cool. If a diff is what you wanted. It will drive more like an Infr. Which can be cool also.
On paper doing the math with a stock 6s setup (46/27), 80 + mph is what you got with those gears. In reality maybe a bit less. IDK. Body Aero is the factor.
How do you plan on driving it? Speed runner or just to bash around with. If speed running remove the 2 front black Canards and trim the rear wing down.
Rake the rig. (higher in the rear) Not too low in the front. Or the splitter will get wrecked. Especially when braking hard or hitting dips in the surface . Drop your PUNCH all the way down if serious speed running. And find a long smooth straight area to run. Double check your radio range first. Trial and error. I don't know what electrics you are using. That will determine how your final setup should be. Every car can be different. I prefer the stock motor config. (left side) using 2 lipo trays and 2 3s lipos (balances better for me with my 6s setup)
If just bashing around and drifting not much is critical IMO. Just plan on buying tires/ wheels much more often.:LOL: Your call. Make sure your shocks are all equal length (Droop setting also)
Many threads here and videos discussing the Lim. Good luck. :cool:
Maybe you know much of this already. 👍
If you are looking for fast take off's, then you are looking to drag race this car. Bash it hard? IDK. Speed runners are not setup that way. A smaller pinion than the 27T may be better for you and a spare set of wheels on hand for sure. I just don't know what motor and ESC you have.

Last edited:
Cool. If a diff is what you wanted. It will drive more like an Infr. Which can be cool also.
On paper doing the math with a stock 6s setup (46/27), 80 + mph is what you got with those gears. In reality maybe a bit less. IDK. Body Aero is the factor.
How do you plan on driving it? Speed runner or just to bash around with. If speed running remove the 2 front black Canards and trim the rear wing down.
Rake the rig. (higher in the rear) Not too low in the front. Or the splitter will get wrecked. Especially when braking hard or hitting dips in the surface . Drop your PUNCH all the way down if serious speed running. And find a long smooth straight area to run. Double check your radio range first. Trial and error. I don't know what electrics you are using. That will determine how your final setup should be. Every car can be different. I prefer the stock motor config. (left side) using 2 lipo trays and 2 3s lipos (balances better for me with my 6s setup)
If just bashing around and drifting not much is critical IMO. Just plan on buying tires/ wheels much more often.:LOL: Your call. Make sure your shocks are all equal length (Droop setting also)
Many threads here and videos discussing the Lim. Good luck. :cool:
Maybe you know much of this already. 👍
If you are looking for fast take off's, then you are looking to drag race this car. Bash it hard? IDK. Speed runners are not setup that way. A smaller pinion than the 27T may be better for you and a spare set of wheels on hand for sure. I just don't know what motor and ESC you have.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That’s my set up that’s blx 6s generic motor I know like I said 46diff 27 only running one lipo I bought 3 4s smart batteries didn’t know can use 8s on a150 firma/motor any tips on how to make it faster than 80+

You CANNOT use 8s on any 150 amp Firma ESC.
Only the 160amp version!
Yeah your wheel alignment is way off. The 4 tires are not worn evenly enough. And it will be more balanced with a lipo on each side. Will Handle better the way you are bashing driving it. That's your call however. Many don't care about that.
Looks like you have fun with it. 👍 :)

To make it faster put the Stock 34T spool back in. Just depends what fast is for you. Are you trying to speed run it? And use a GPS meter to test actual speeds?
Or just want to drift the crap out of it. IDK.
Where is the nose piece? You want that installed for high speed. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yeah I notice the wear on them how can I align them do I have to equipment to do it ? Yeah I’m bashing hard I crashed and broke the nose in half lol I’m not interested in speed runs but I do want it reach at least 90 that’s good enough.

You wont make 90 happen without wrecking it because you need the nose piece for proper aero IMO
Wheel alignment can be done by eye and a ruler on a flat surface with the rig powered on and all the lipos in place.

EDIT:
You might be ready for a new set of shoes anyway. By the look of those wheels.
Just make sure the alignment is correct before running the new shoes this time.
You will get more life out of them.

Last edited:
You wont make 90 happen without wrecking it because your need the nose piece for proper aero IMO
Wheel alignment can be done by eye and a ruler on a flat surface with the rig powered on and all the lipos in place.

EDIT:
You might be ready for a new set of shoes anyway. By the look of those wheels.
Just make sure the alignment is correct before running the new shoes this time.
You will get more life out of them.
Thanks for the help I appreciate it man thanks again will do !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back