Infraction OK, be honest with me, do I need one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, I've always loved the Infraction truck but the price has put me off but.....

I have a substantial bonus on its way soon so I've got the itch again 😂

Honest thoughts and opinions from you owners would be great, BTW I'm new to RC (6 months in) with a Typhon 3S

Infraction, is it all that??

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I've always loved the Infraction truck but the price has put me off but.....

Honest thoughts and opinions from you owners would be great, BTW I'm new to RC (6 months in) with a Typhon 3S

Thanks in advance
I see a lot of them come up for sale on e bay in the UK, so it seems people don't keep them for long. I love the look of them too but its finding spots to run them that puts me off.

Spots to run them and from everything I have heard you gatta buy new tires constantly. That's what really puts me off. I have heard stories of people changing tires every like 2 runs. That's madness. Maybe just the way that guy drove?

I'm in a similar boat. Infraction over felony because of the odd size tires the felony runs so you pretty much have to buy the hoons every time. Don't rule out a 1/10 touring car if you want on road fun but without needing an air field and the running costs are much lower.. I recently bought a 1/10 xray t4 for the same reason and its a riot. Castle 7700kv system and runs on 2s at under $20 each. Its a blast to drive even on a modest piece of asphalt.

I'll still end up with an infraction though 🤣

I run an infraction in the Uk. Grp GT tyres are half the price eBay or I’ve found them even cheaper but there’s a two week wait. I’ve run on 3s and 6s.
Tescos car park Sunday morning before 10 loads of space. 3s is good fun in the wet or damp and tyres last ages then.
I have seen one run on non belted tyres. We’re talking a tenner a pair, but with no body as I reckon it’ll rub like a like a good ‘un.
It’s not an everyday thrasher but I look forward to taking it out and working on it. It is exciting and I think it’s worth it. I have a Big Rock for general hooning other times and if the weather is really foul.
I will say if your worried about paying for tyres every couple of months I would suggest not getting it as you will be too worried to thrash it about.

The 1/7 on road cars are amazing to drive. I wanted an RC for each purpose and my Felony filled a gap. It turns heads everywhere. It's just hard to find spots to run them in the UK, at least if you want to really open it up. The speed pinion is out of the question for most UK car parks

When it comes to tyres, given the right camber and toe setup, it's mostly down to how aggressive the driver is, and partly down to running surfaces. My Felony tyres have lasted over 20 packs so far although they're almost slicks now. I mostly do controlled powerslides on dusty asphalt and hardly any burnouts

The Infraction is a bad a$$. Yes, you do eat alot of tires - but you pretty much have to intentionally be abusing them to be changing them every 2 runs. The GRP's can be a 'better' solution but you also don't get the smoke.

Have the v1 and v2. Absolutely love them. All you need is an empty parking lot too have fun. I mostly run on weekends. As far as tires grp's I buy them in bulk. And they last about 12 runs. When there on the last run I smoke them. 😛 Buy a used one and save a little money.

I see a lot of them come up for sale on e bay in the UK, so it seems people don't keep them for long. I love the look of them too but its finding spots to run them that puts me off.
Yeah I agree, having enough space to get the most from it is hard
Spots to run them and from everything I have heard you gatta buy new tires constantly. That's what really puts me off. I have heard stories of people changing tires every like 2 runs. That's madness. Maybe just the way that guy drove?
Every 2 runs is ridiculous.........!
I run an infraction in the Uk. Grp GT tyres are half the price eBay or I’ve found them even cheaper but there’s a two week wait. I’ve run on 3s and 6s.
Tescos car park Sunday morning before 10 loads of space. 3s is good fun in the wet or damp and tyres last ages then.
I have seen one run on non belted tyres. We’re talking a tenner a pair, but with no body as I reckon it’ll rub like a like a good ‘un.
It’s not an everyday thrasher but I look forward to taking it out and working on it. It is exciting and I think it’s worth it. I have a Big Rock for general hooning other times and if the weather is really foul.
I will say if your worried about paying for tyres every couple of months I would suggest not getting it as you will be too worried to thrash it about.
Now that's something I hadn't thought about, getting one and running it on the 3S packs I already have 🤔

I have kids. I bought the Infraction and Mojave same day. We're always going somewhere, so finding a lot I could run the Infraction while the kids played was actually kind of difficult and was actually stressful enough to where I didn't want to even bring it.

Sold it a month later.

Now within the last month I picked up Mojave EXB and a Notorious. Way easier to pick up and go and not worrk about anything else.

BUT... if you don't have kids, you'll probably enjoy it. 😆😆

One pack..!!! Hooned the 💩 out of it.. 😉
Buy one, it's loads of fun but expensive.. ( and yes I'm in the UK )

IMG_3633.JPG

Never seen hoons do that before.

I am absolutely getting an Infraction after a Mojave. For speed runs I could see it getting it a bit boring if you arent pushing it to the limit, but I feel like darn near any empty lot would provide plenty of room for street bashing. Or behind a big building like a Walmart where they have truck ramps and stuff.

You absolutely need a good spot to run it. Soft pavement or some garage. If the Infraction breaks out it slides far. And that is where you see people hit the curb like in so many YouTube videos.

It's fun. But it gets boring quickly. And then you take it out again and it's plain fun.

It seems to me you need a capacitator bridge to help with speed runs. You can hear by the sound that the ESC could do more. On the speed pinion, not fun when it breaks out. 50 meter slide sidways. Tricky to correct with the speed pinion. And the body makes weird sounds from the wind.

It's tricky to drive. You don't really drive - you drift. That burns tires. If I had to get rid of a car, the Infraction would be first. And probably I would then regret selling after a while.

The Mojave is way more fun to drive.

Thanks in advance
Need is a relative term. It depends on your area as well as if you have others running the same type rc. You’ll get tired of any rc if you’re the only one running it. That being said, I have a few of them, but they’re very popular around here. Lots of places to run them as well. I’d wait for a good used one if pricing puts you off and get some tires. GRP makes some for cheaper as well.

Infraction is pure entertainment. Mine started its life as a limitless. then converted to the infraction. Be prepared to replace tires. I usually get 3-4 packs through Before the tires are toast. I run a max 6 combo and pretty much full throttle drifts the whole pack. i honestly didn’t think I’d enjoy it as much as i do. And no broken parts to replace after a good bash.
grp’s will smoke, you just have to try harder😉

Buy one...

My Infraction is my favorite truck to run and I have a fair number to chose from.

The platform is a tuners dream. The truck is incredibly tough- I've rolled the thing dozens of times well over 80 mph.

Tires can last one pack or twenty packs depending how you run the truck. Not for kids or inexperienced drivers.

Even a bit dangerous for spectators - its heavy and slides/Flys quite a ways. On 6s and good gearing she is a monster.

Love it. Gonna bash mine today.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back