Big Rock Ok change of plans, I can get $50 off on ebay and typhon's are out of stock in Australia, what do I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigrock would be my choice by a long shot! If you want a Vorteks just buy a Granite and put a 18t pinion on it and it has way better tires than the Vorteks and doesn't look like a Trax-ass and is cheaper.

Bigrock would be my choice by a long shot! If you want a Vorteks just buy a Granite and put a 18t pinion on it and it has way better tires than the Vorteks and doesn't look like a Trax-ass and is cheaper.
Can get them for the same price so that doesn't bother me but a big rock would probably be better for rougher environments correct?

Really depends on what you want to do....serious bashing Big Rock.... Having fun and light bashing the other.

I am partial to the BR since I have one

I think you’re going to be hard pressed to find many people that have both the Vorteks and BRCC that could give you an honest comparison between the two let alone drive in the same conditions you do.

I’d say the BRCC has a pretty loyal following and is generally well regarded and so far the Vorteks seems to be doing well. Pick the one that suits your driving style the best and send it!

I can get either a Big Rock or a Vorteks for $475 AUD and am wondering what would be a better option,
Thanks for any responses guys! :)
Fark yeah just bought a big rock, can't wait
IMG_20210613_164528.jpg

Last edited:
Two different animals, BR can generally do everything, street, dirt, grass, jumps well. Has more ground clearance for the rough stuff. Vorteks can do all these things too but has less ground clearance. It does great on the street with it lower center of gravity, SWB, and wide stance. The harder compound and smaller tires like to slide on the street and doesn't tip over easy like the BR. I love this thing for street running, it's a ripper.

It does well offroad and jumps and flips well also. In short grass it also does well but in taller grass it will bog down because of the low chassis. It will have a hard time in really tall grass, but not designed for that.

If you can afford both you can't go wrong with either, but I think they compliment each other.

I went on eBay and a hobby shop in New South Wales had them and for a really good deal, plus eBay is doing a $50 off deal so I paid 105 less than I would have not on ebay
Where did you find a big rock in stock ?

I went on eBay and a hobby shop in New South Wales had them and for a really good deal, plus eBay is doing a $50 off deal so I paid 105 less than I would have not on ebay
Probably useless information to you except the discount thing, most people on here are from the US

Last edited:
Appreciate the info horizon hobby has them in stock now I just ordered mine with 2 day shipping !!! Now I just have to wait for it to get here 😩

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back