Kraton Ok here we go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on the engagement! Not sure if you’ll have time or where you are going in Washington but if you need an RC fix while here you might put the word out and see if we can accommodate you. I have lots of trucks so I could loan you something to abuse.

Hurricane
Wow super generous thank you!
I have two trips planned and this one will have me super busy but the next will be a bit more for play.
Thank you!

Wow super generous thank you!
I have two trips planned and this one will have me super busy but the next will be a bit more for play.
Thank you!
As long as it isn’t the first week of September I could still support the offer. Have a great first trip!

Hurricane

My Kraton...sitting in pieces no end in sight and now it looks like it'll be slinging snow instead of sand which is fine by me. Even with all that's going on I'm gonna try to get her done asap once we're settled in Washington. I think this already holds the record for longest build thread:unsure:😞

I cant wait to see these bad boys throwing snow!😎

20220305_195520.jpg

Slinging snow is kind of fun if the temps arent too cold. I was thinking of making a specific rig for snow this next winter. Looking forward to see this one complete been following it from the start you might have the record for longest build haha

Congrats on your engagement also!

Slinging snow is kind of fun if the temps arent too cold. I was thinking of making a specific rig for snow this next winter. Looking forward to see this one complete been following it from the start you might have the record for longest build haha

Congrats on your engagement also!
Thank you!

Yes this very well may be a record for longest build. hahaha
Hopefully it doesn't get too cold like you said. I keep hearing how people break plastic parts in the winter.

Careful in the cold the plastic becomes brittle it’s prob something you didn’t get in paradise 😂
No we don't get cold enough to make plastics brittle but we have heat and humidity to keep you swamp assed soggy sacked all day. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(sorry! I had to):ROFLMAO:

Recap of my build so far. I cant wait to get settled in at our new home so I can continue this forever build.

8s K6 EXB before things got outta hand.:LOL:

kraton1.jpg
kraton2 (1).jpg
kraton2.jpg
kraton3.jpg

Trimmed the body and widened her stance

trim2damax1.jpg
trim2damax2 (1).jpg
wide3.jpg

Fortress Tires

waiting1.jpg
try3.jpg

Then came the teardown and polishing.

20220118_141511.jpg
20220227_220725.jpg
20220129_225844.jpg
20220203_125749.jpg
20220220_021216.jpg

Test fitting everything. At this point still wasn't sure how I wanted her to look.

20220228_063426.jpg
20220228_134701 (1).jpg
20220228_135716 (1).jpg
20220305_195507.jpg
20220305_195520.jpg

Picked a Talion body. Dig the low profile of the Talion:cool:

20220316_022104 (1).jpg
20220316_022134.jpg
20220311_220918.jpg
20220316_112701.jpg
20220415_210228.jpg
20220417_095134.jpg

Last edited:
So she got pulled off the rack dust blown off and Typhon arms added. Front wheels/tires are tbd but I love how the arms are.
Got quite a bit still to do especially since I roached parts for the Typhon, and because my vision for her keeps changing.
Color hasn't changed and why would it with that badass wing mount thanks to @3d-rc.myshopify.com.;):cool:

Polished parts will also need and extra polishing to get back to the bling.😜
Well here I am back on track...kind of. My budget will be my biggest hurdle as my wife is keeping an eye on my purchases lately and I don't blame her with all that's going on. Not in a hurry though as has already been show, haha
Anyway mahalo much to @Hammer Down and @3d-rc.myshopify.com who has helped with this build big time! 🤙

When all is said and done, I'm taking a pic like this but with snow flinging high!:cool:
20221018_190507.jpg

We are gathered here in Memory of our good friend Nate, Nate left us too soon in life, because he just had to have one more thing without getting approval from his significant other. We will miss you Nate, Rest in Peace.

Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

We are gathered here in Memory of our good friend Nate, Nate left us too soon in life, because he just had to have one more thing without getting approval from his significant other. We will miss you Nate, Rest in Peace.

Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil
humor lol GIF by Lance Ford

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back