Kraton Ok here we go!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
So decided to not break the bank on a new truck, so will just rebuild my K6 with a Mojave chassis (XL). Made the 1st of many parts purchases.
I'll be posting as the build progresses. :)🤙
If any of you have suggestions/advise or thoughts feel free to chime in...it will be greatly appreciated🤙

20220118_141511.jpg
20220118_145458.jpg
Screenshot (17).png
Screenshot (18).png

Last edited:
Why the exb chassis, you should go with a m2c 😊😊
Just kidding ☺️
Gonna be awesome 😎
I'm with you. Gotta keep the cost down. Plus I don't send it to the moon so I should be safe. hahaha

It took me 3 run to bent the Kraton Exb chassis, if absolutely the best thing i did to my Kraton
But no moon landing 😜😜
Looking forward to seeing it finished 😃
Thanks man! Yea I've been told that the longer chassis bend easier which I get. If by some chance I bend it, at least it wasnt extremely costly. 🤞:ROFLMAO:

I see Kraton (bumper, wing) and Mojave (chassis, wheels) parts. Is it gonna be a Krajave of a Mojaton?😉 Plams on the body?
I asked earlier on an other thread whats needed to use the Mojave body (shock towers, ect) but no one answered and searching for answers didnt work out so I just went and ordered them. I also want the Mojave bumpers so I assumed the towers would be needed...?
I want the realistic truck look, but want a lifted truck look so Kraton arms, and bigger tires.
Would that be a Krajave or Mojaton? HAHAHA!

Gonna be an interesting build for sure 👀👀 gonna have to watch it. 🤘🏻😎
Interesting for sure! Mostly because I'm winging it! HAHAHA!
I have the vision I just need to put it together now. :ROFLMAO:
It will be a slow build but thanks for your interest.
Also any and all input would be greatly appreciated. :)

I asked earlier on an other thread whats needed to use the Mojave body (shock towers, ect) but no one answered and searching for answers didnt work out so I just went and ordered them. I also want the Mojave bumpers so I assumed the towers would be needed...?
I want the realistic truck look, but want a lifted truck look so Kraton arms, and bigger tires.
Would that be a Krajave or Mojaton? HAHAHA!
I’d say it’s more Mojave than Kraton, so Mojaton😀.
So it’s gonna be wider than this (tire size looks cool though)
24DC4D2D-86D0-4EB9-A897-377EF563E6C1.jpeg

1/7 scale tires are a bit too big🤣
DE4ED9FC-23CA-414F-BF13-F780CD833AF0.jpeg

I’d say it’s more Mojave than Kraton, so Mojaton😀.
So it’s gonna be wider than this (tire size looks cool though)
View attachment 194170
1/7 scale tires are a bit too big🤣
View attachment 194172
That looks badass!
I'm not sure if you've seen it, Japan RC Adventure made a monster Mojave and I fell in love! haha
All I know about what he did is put Kraton arms on a Mojave. So I'm winging it in hopes to have at least a similar outcome. hahaha
Also @Ajag has a badass Kraton with swamp dawgs and it looks killer so a mix of the two I would be happy with. hahaha
Again I'm winging it so I hope it works out! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah I’m still considering trimming the body a bit, because the tires in the first pic look so cool on the Mojave (1/10 Maxx MT tires; almost same diameter and weight as stock, but wider en more offset, but they also come without offset), but rub the body a bit When the shocks fully compress.
Some even go a step further and make it so wide as to the tires sticking completely out of the Mojave body; IMO that a step too far🤣.
Looking forward seeing your build👍

Yeah I’m still considering trimming the body a bit, because the tires in the first pic look so cool on the Mojave (1/10 Maxx MT tires; almost same diameter and weight as stock, but wider en more offset, but they also come without offset), but rub the body a bit When the shocks fully compress.
Some even go a step further and make it so wide as to the tires sticking completely out of the Mojave body; IMO that a step too far🤣.
Looking forward seeing your build👍
Thats a tough spot to be in...badass tires.....to trim or not to trim. Such a beautiful truck body!
:)(y)

So decided to not break the bank on a new truck, so will just rebuild my K6 with a Mojave chassis (XL). Made the 1st of many parts purchases.
I'll be posting as the build progresses. :)🤙
If any of you have suggestions/advise or thoughts feel free to chime in...it will be greatly appreciated🤙

View attachment 194161View attachment 194162View attachment 194163View attachment 194164

So this is the truck that started it all. Since I 1st saw this truck I wanted one! The mojave in stock SCT form was always appealing to me but my thoughts always come back to this truck. I know its not for everyone (opinions have been voiced :ROFLMAO:) and I get it but I just dig this look. Hopefully I can get close to something like this without it being the exact same...I gotta have unique. LOL

full

So this is the truck that started it all. Since I 1st saw this truck I wanted one! The mojave in stock SCT form was always appealing to me but my thoughts always come back to this truck. I know its not for everyone (opinions have been voiced :ROFLMAO:) and I get it but I just dig this look. Hopefully I can get close to something like this without it being the exact same...I gotta have unique. LOL

full
The Scenery alone is freggin awesome :)

Yeah that looks cool. Just throw some other tires on it and you won’t have the axact same car😉. Apparently those SRC terrain crusher are not well suited for offroad use.
That wing👍
Yea diff tires for sure. Wing looks cool but debating. I posted my liking of this truck a while back and it started some friendly banter as not a whole lot of peeps like it. That actually made me want it more. LOL
I'm excited to start this project. Kraton is 90% torn down and now just waiting for the 1st batch of parts. Already trying to track and it hasnt been even 24hrs since ordered. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The Scenery alone is freggin awesome :)
Totally agree! (y)
On his YT channel he has some badass rigs!

Parts still coming in...very excited! But had a scare for a minute.....:oops:

20220125_123916.jpg

But after checking it out all is good. The chassis is straight and all the plastics and shock towers look good!

20220125_123853.jpg

Very excited to start the build part of this project. Still thinking of what wheels/tires and waiting on a few other parts. :)

Here's a little sample of part of the look I'm going for.
I love polished aluminum but I like the EXB signature red.
So I'm leaving some red for contrast and it'll keep the EXB theme going. Two birds one stone!
Still have the final polish on this yet to do but you get the idea.

20220129_225844.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back