Kraton Ok. Now that I have broken the Wing Mount ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echskay

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Gotta say I still giggle like a little girl everytime I take my rig out for a run. Only owned it for a week now, but still smiling.
I have a Kraton V5 6S and broke the wing mounts (yes, plural). I am replacing with RPM mounts so I can forget about 'em. I do have a question though, how often am I going to have to replace / repair the Body Posts?

What are some alternatives? I've done a search, but guess I'm just a little lazy right now and can't really find what I'm looking for.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi Guys.

Gotta say I still giggle like a little girl everytime I take my rig out for a run. Only owned it for a week now, but still smiling.
I have a Kraton V5 6S and broke the wing mounts (yes, plural). I am replacing with RPM mounts so I can forget about 'em. I do have a question though, how often am I going to have to replace / repair the Body Posts?

What are some alternatives? I've done a search, but guess I'm just a little lazy right now and can't really find what I'm looking for.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
don't buy aluminum body posts whatever you do. Just stick to stock posts and keep a few spares handy they are cheap. As for the wing mount even the rpm will break if landed on hard enough. Best way to avoid breaking one is no tail landing and stay on all 4's. but sh!t happens you will have an awkward land or two. I have a collection of mounts and posts I've sheared off. Bent the aluminum ones like a banana and snapped one.

Okay ... No Aluminum. Does anyone create their own body posts? and if so what do you use?

More Carnage --- After bashing Friday and Saturday afternoon seems that I have snapped off the Front Bumper completely, and now managed to bend the front hinge pins and destroy the front composite suspension mount ... Now I really gotta wait on my ebay parts.

Still grinning though.

I keep braking my wing mounts to. But I aways seem to struggle to get the bolts into the body under the shell, its like they are twisted. Any suggestions on this? Sorry to hijack this thread.

I keep braking my wing mounts to. But I aways seem to struggle to get the bolts into the body under the shell, its like they are twisted. Any suggestions on this? Sorry to hijack this thread.
What bolts exactly?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back