Big Rock Ok sooo where to start??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Ok so I feel ok with the motor mount its self. Setting mesh is a bit of doubt. Spur gear just take it all apart clean put back exactly the same? 1 1/4 turn from tight. Steering things just for the small link till aluminum gets shipped in. Pivot balls super worried. Am i gonna be breaking most all the rig apart to chamge those? Difficulty level?

20210605_001003.jpg

Ok so I feel ok with the motor mount its self. Setting mesh is a bit of doubt. Spur gear just take it all apart clean put back exactly the same? 1 1/4 turn from tight. Steering things just for the small link till aluminum gets shipped in. Pivot balls super worried. Am i gonna be breaking most all the rig apart to chamge those? Difficulty level?

View attachment 150306

OK...

Not sure if you are having issues but some of this I would say if not broken don't touch it. Yes, pivot ball easy nice enhancement. Yes, if you want to adjust the steering, servo, bell housing, BH bearings, etc...no problem all helps.

Motor plate if no issues leave it alone if not bent, the mesh is good, etc...yes to cleaning it and bearings around it if good but all I would do right now if it is good.

Slipper you need to be dialed in here....it is an art to adjusting it correctly. If you are not popping driveshaft, doing standing backflips, etc. leave it alone until you need to fix it.

Otherwise enjoy it until something breaks, all the other items to wait on just watch tons of videos to get knowledge up until that time comes.

Otherwise, go out and bash it and enjoy! :)

Diff level...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-much.39915/post-548698

Oh yea I gave 0 pretense. Spur was trashed. Bent the motor mount which prob caused the before. Pivots just because. The steering partz actually for a buddy replacing his small linkage. The puvot balls were he'll on the bulkhead. But got em in. When I twist the pinion on the motor should it be smooth or feel the spin? Idk if thats expalined well

Oh yea I gave 0 pretense. Spur was trashed. Bent the motor mount which prob caused the before. Pivots just because. The steering partz actually for a buddy replacing his small linkage. The puvot balls were he'll on the bulkhead. But got em in. When I twist the pinion on the motor should it be smooth or feel the spin? Idk if thats expalined well
See this

Those pivot balls are NOT an easy task lol Some of the areas where the ball will sit into like the toe/camber links will need to be shaved away for them to fit. I used a razor blade. After trying very hard to force the balls into the hole (hehe), I realized I needed to shave the truck down.

Those pivot balls are NOT an easy task lol Some of the areas where the ball will sit into like the toe/camber links will need to be shaved away for them to fit. I used a razor blade. After trying very hard to force the balls into the hole (hehe), I realized I needed to shave the truck down.
I did not find that to be the case with Team Associate balls but yes with HR it was a pain to install. Will not use them again I like the metal Team Ass. balls in the end the color will rub off.

Tons better

Turnbuckle
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071H3QY4X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401752602555

Short neck
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085DVZ98K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for all the advice got her up and going again. 1 question all turnbuckles should be same tightness compared to the same on opposite side? And just to say.....hate the hr pivots. Lol. But they in for now and working.

Thanks for all the advice got her up and going again. 1 question all turnbuckles should be same tightness compared to the same on opposite side? And just to say.....hate the hr pivots. Lol. But they in for now and working.

Yes...I make the turnbuckles the each length on each side. Front, I measure the original steering turnbuckles and I make both sides the same length. I do the same for the wheel hub turnbuckle, etc. They are equal on both sides.

After I am all done, I check the front to make sure the toe is out a little in the front...this is where you might need to make adjustments to each side where it will not be equal. But I do start off equal before making those adjustments

1623471910802.png

I did not find that to be the case with Team Associate balls but yes with HR it was a pain to install. Will not use them again I like the metal Team Ass. balls in the end the color will rub off.

Tons better

Turnbuckle
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071H3QY4X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401752602555

Short neck
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085DVZ98K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Haha you said Team Ass. Balls. 😁

Jk thanks for the info! Will be going with these once my HR ones wear out completely. I really don't care about the color as my rigs arent shelf queens haha I care more about tightness :)

Those pivot balls on the camber links were a damn nightmare! It's just the ones that mount up to the diff case/shock tower. It's literally 1/16th of an inch too wide. So you'll either need to shave away some of the plastic on the bulkhead or use pliers to bend it open a little more than it is. I did a little bit of both and got them to work. The two small balls that don't have any flange on the outside of the ball are used for the steering links on the under side of the car in case you didn't already know.

Those pivot balls on the camber links were a damn nightmare! It's just the ones that mount up to the diff case/shock tower. It's literally 1/16th of an inch too wide. So you'll either need to shave away some of the plastic on the bulkhead or use pliers to bend it open a little more than it is. I did a little bit of both and got them to work. The two small balls that don't have any flange on the outside of the ball are used for the steering links on the under side of the car in case you didn't already know.
I’ve got a set of these HR balls to install on my granite and appreciate all the hints (kinda feeling wary now ugh anymore hints?). Will use the ass. balls idea on the vortex I got coming soon 😐
Any chance you got a visual on this? Thanks!

I’ve got a set of these HR balls to install on my granite and appreciate all the hints (kinda feeling wary now ugh anymore hints?). Will use the ass. balls idea on the vortex I got coming soon 😐

Any chance you got a visual on this? Thanks!
Visual on what? The underside where the steering links are? Or just the pivot balls and where they were a pain?

No a visual on his ass. balls. 😵😲😣🤣🤣🤣😂. Sry had to
Thought tjose were single berries. I must be outa the loop👀🤷

Auto correct!!! "Dingle Berries"

Auto correct!!! "Dingle Berries"
Don't know about you, but I really don't wanna see a video of his ass. Balls! Don't think that would be a pretty sight. Lol !!!!!
The pain one lol. Sorry…
Hey, it's not that hard getting the HR pivot balls on. Just the one spot on each wheel where the upper camber link goes into the bulkhead right by the upper shock mount is very tight. Get a razor and shave/bevel each side to get the link started going in. Once it is started you can use needle nose pliers or a screwdriver to push it in the rest of the way. Then use an allen wrench or something to stick thru the bolt hole to get it lined up enough to get the screw in. After you do one the others are easy.

Last edited:
Don't know about you, but I really don't wanna see a video of his ass. Balls! Don't think that would be a pretty sight. Lol !!!!!

Hey, it's not that hard getting the HR pivot balls on. Just the one spot on each wheel where the upper camber link goes into the bulkhead right by the upper shock mount is very tight. Get a razor and shave/bevel each side to get the link started going in. Once it is started you can use needle nose pliers or a screwdriver to push it in the rest of the way. Then use an allen wrench or something to stick thru the bolt hole to get it lined up enough to get the screw in. After you do one the others are easy.
Thanks man!!

Ok cool, after reading again while looking at my car I’ve got the visual in my head now. Yup I see where that can be tight.

Thanks man!!

Ok cool, after reading again while looking at my car I’ve got the visual in my head now. Yup I see where that can be tight.
It is pretty tight but they do fit. Even the rest are a little bit tight but they're supposed to be tight. But that one spot on each corner is the toughest one. But like I said earlier, once you do one the rest will be easy. The first time you try to get that one into the bulkhead is a pain in the ass. I got so frustrated that I was ready to give up. Just stopped, smoked a cigarette to calm down and went back at it and got it in. Shaving it or beveling the edges with a razor is the easiest way to do it. I didn’t know that, had to figure it out myself.

It is pretty tight but they do fit. Even the rest are a little bit tight but they're supposed to be tight. But that one spot on each corner is the toughest one. But like I said earlier, once you do one the rest will be easy. The first time you try to get that one into the bulkhead is a pain in the ass. I got so frustrated that I was ready to give up. Just stopped, smoked a cigarette to calm down and went back at it and got it in. Shaving it or beveling the edges with a razor is the easiest way to do it. I didn’t know that, had to figure it out myself.
Yeah…This does sound like a stop and smoke thing. I don’t smoke cigarettes but… yeah 😏
Since I’ve got the heads up I’ll go into this when I am relaxed. And not drinking lol.

Back