Kraton Ok to run RC while on stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Hi guys was wondering if it’s ok to run your RC while on a stand

I was just checking full throttle on 50 75 and 100% for short time and was wondering if this could cause damage

I remember hearing somewhere that self righting is not good for your RC....Curious why self righting is bad and if running on the stand would be similar
Thank you

I think self righting is only bad cause it changes direction so fast, it could damage the spur. In comparison, running it on a stand wouldn't put a lot of stress on the components.

Running on the stand should be fine, granted there really shouldn't be a reason you need to blast it while on the stand. Self righting is pointless, rarely works anyway. With no load on the tires (upside down) and quickly changing direction its just a ton of force on the drive train components.

You'd likely only be at risk of breaking or damaging something if you went hard throttle and then slammed the brakes on the stand.

59htmj.jpg

Thank you guys

i set full throttle and brake and was just checking full throttle at 50 75 and 100

Went full throttle for just a shot time

Also did go full throttle to brake just to check

Yeah you can run it in a stand, just take it easy. Self righting is a gimmick to me, all it's good for is ruining your diffs with repeated use. Just flip it over yourself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back