Ok to store RCs in garage = OVER 110 degrees?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Good morning!

Hope you guys are doing well

We Have 9 Arrma’s and few other RCs about 20 total....storing these things have become a project! They takeup a lot of room as you guys know

I live in Central Valley California and it can get up to 110 Fahrenheit
Sometimes we can go 30 days straight over 100 degrees!

2 questions:

1 - Is it ok to run my RCs when the temperature’s over 100 Fahrenheit outside

2 - Is it ok to store my RCs and transmitters in the garage where I’m assuming it can get 110 to 115 maybe more

Thank you guys for your help

Last edited:
I would not put the transmitters in the garage. I think the heat may affect those especially if you get very cold there . I would think the RC's would be ok. But I would store them inside of totes. As far as running them in temps over a 100 , a heat gun is needed to checks temps. But most cars ESC will shut down if max temp threshold is met. I am in Florida and it was 95 yesterday I ran in the morning when it was 85 ish. I was fine no shut downs. But.....when hot I run multiple cars and rotate them. And give them time to cool down. Heat is a killer to any electronics as we know.

I live in the same area, and am hesitant to put mine in the garage, I don't trust the electronics, and plastic tends to warp over time at high temps. Just doesn't seem like a good idea. I understand the problem of storing them indoors, it's even worse with aircraft.

Thanks guys

Probably going to have to figure somewhere in the house...not worth damaging anything

The electronics will be fine in the garage. RC's themselves, I'd worry about the plastic deforming. You can store them if you remove the shocks i.e. no load on the arms and get the wheels off the ground, then it shouldn't be an issue.
Keep in mind, people in other parts of the planet run these in 120F in the desert and -30 in Siberia. I'd be more worried about the lower end.

Just my opinion, electronics I have in the garage now for +20 years and never had an issue. Planes are hanging in the garage as well (foam), we top out at ~100F.

I haven't had any issues storing my RCs in the garage. At one point, I actually left one in the yard overnight and it was fine (other than the stickers on the body), but the temps are pretty mild for the most part where I am. I would definitely avoid storing (or charging) the batteries in the garage.

I know my garage has reached about 130°F. Our garage is not insulated and has unfinished walls (just studs and outer walls). So I play it safe.

Thanks guys

130 wow! I wouldn’t chance it it those temps!

Got the 9 Arrmas stacked in my room
I don’t mind but my wife’s annoyed lol.

Now just trying to figure out what to do with all the little RCs

Thanks again

Back