Old man rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimbles

Certified unintentional RC destroyer
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Want to know what really grinds my gears? Stupid delivery time quotes.

Example 1:
Screenshot_20210220-104642_Messages.jpg

What difference does the single minute make? Normal people measure time in 5 minute intervals. This is 10.45-11.45. Not the worst offender though...

Example 2:

Screenshot_20210220-104327_Gmail.jpg

This is a 4 hour slot. The 2 minute difference is a margin of error of 0.83%. If you're giving me a fifteen minute window then fair enough but this is half a bloody day... and look at the disclaimer. The daft thing is the royal mail package didn't arrive until mid afternoon (when the large packages always arrive at my house because they come on the van, not with the postie!).

I totally get this is a first world problem but it really, really winds me up. You can't even promise you will make a 4 hour window so why pretend your service is accurate by defining by minute intervals. IDIOTS. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm so old I remember when you ordered something to be delivered you didn't get a tracking number. There was one obviously, but the shipper didn't bother to give it.

My old grumpy man question is “What are the consequences if you don’t deliver in that time window?” Because don’t make promises to me you can’t keep or if there are no repercussions if you don’t. Now get off my lawn. 😝

But to your point, delivery windows in 15 minute increments of the hour are just fine with me

My old grumpy man question is “What are the consequences if you don’t deliver in that time window?” Because don’t make promises to me you can’t keep or if there are no repercussions if you don’t. Now get off my lawn. 😝

But to your point, delivery windows in 15 minute increments of the hour are just fine with me
100% agree. There are no consequences. So you have these ridonculous arbitrary delivery timeframes with no repercussions when they don't meet them. Have this at work all the time - don't volunteer a deadline for yourself if you cant meet it. Where you have the luxury, take your time and do it right...once. Especially at the moment where, due to lockdown, I am at home all day anyway!

Wanna know bad?
Couple weeks ago, I ordered parts from a hobby shop 40 minutes away. Wanted to kick off my build fast so I paid extra for ExpressPost and package was guaranteed in 2-3 days. Two days after that, I ordered parts from Amain that were shipped from California. This package was delivered via regular DHL. It flew here, cleared Customs, and was at me door a WEEK before the first.
Screenshot_20210220-151615_Gallery.jpg

I make a complaint to CanadPost and say I want refund because delivery was even longer than regular mail would have been. They said ONLY the sender can claim refunds, regardless of who pays for it. So I wrote an email to the shop about this. Ignored. I phoned the shop about this. No clue what I'm talking about. I reach out again to Canada Post about options. And I'm told the matter was resolved already..
Seeing as I have no email, call, snailmail, or refund made back into my account it might be fair to lable Hobby Hobby as scammers.

I ordered a WFO motor mount for my Xmaxx , reg USPS , took 9 days , ordered another last Saturday , paid extra for priority mail , said to be delivered yesterday , well . still not here !!! WFO ... WTF !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back