Old School Fast and Furious Skyline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajag

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
Customer asked for an old school F&F paint job on this Skyline

How’d I do?

View attachment 273203

4DA78C95-A0E6-4198-8D42-D325634BA446.jpeg

8360BEAC-817A-443B-ABE5-C8B06CA46BDF.jpeg

1BD20D7B-66B6-44C0-80A8-689C421A3E79.jpeg

D84B0AF0-3281-4371-9A80-320BDAA5CEA9.jpeg

E70C8653-BD16-4FAC-84E6-E3761A40F66D.jpeg

01F14471-DAE1-47CA-A332-D101C94A5CBD.jpeg

911D2EBD-5B4A-4153-9791-6411C2CC6CAC.jpeg

Last edited:
@Ajag , know I think your work is always nice!.. 👌

Those stripes are hurting my brain though.. 🤪.. I'm sorry... forgive me..🙏🤣
I didn’t come up
With the scheme ..I was trying to copy this pic 😎

71EAC8E2-E5E9-4B5B-85DE-D07AE6C1C579.png

I didn’t come up

View attachment 273233

Sorry, I should have been more specific, nothing wrong with the stripes being there.. Its proper for sure..👌

I was more speaking of the execution, being not the same width and some hooks.. constructive criticism, don't kill me..🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I didn’t come up

View attachment 273233
You copied it perfectly, I just think it may be a good thing it’s not for @Camaroboy383, due to the fact that his tastes are different. Personally I think it’s sweet, and you did it exactly as the picture showed. Not a knock on Camaro in any way, just shows how cool preferences are!

You copied it perfectly, I just think it may be a good thing it’s not for @Camaroboy383, due to the fact that his tastes are different. Personally I think it’s sweet, and you did it exactly as the picture showed. Not a knock on Camaro in any way, just shows how cool preferences are!

Agreed, absolutely copied perfectly...👍..

It's not about taste, it's paint ocd, doing bodywork all my life brings it out in me.. plus, you (or I) as a painter can't get better if constructive criticism is not common place.. I apologize..🙏🙏

Sorry, I should have been more specific, nothing wrong with the stripes being there.. Its proper for sure..👌

I was more speaking of the execution, being not the same width and some hooks.. constructive criticism, don't kill me..🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
I hear you ..my hands and my eyes aren’t what they used to be ..this pattern was all hand cut so every one of those lines had to be cut by hand 😳

With the curves of the body it proved to be a bit more difficult to get perfect than I anticipated

I hear you ..my hands and my eyes aren’t what they used to be ..this pattern was all hand cut so every one of those lines had to be cut by hand 😳

With the curves of the body it proved to be a bit more difficult to get perfect than I anticipated

Devotion brother.. I love it..😎.. I imagine cut from liquid mask? Or vinyl?...

Fine line automotive tape can help tremendously to keep your lines true..👍

Devotion brother.. I love it..😎.. I imagine cut from liquid mask? Or vinyl?...

Fine line automotive tape can help tremendously to keep your lines true..👍
Liquid mask
I used fine line tape on the outside to get the pattern ..but free hand cutting from the inside on the liquid mask ..so that’s why it’s not perfect

i haven’t had great luck using tape on the inside of these bodies as it tends to bleed so liquid mask is my preference
But as you can see it’s difficult for me to get perfect cut lines especially in a very noticeable pattern like this 🙄

Liquid mask
I used fine line tape on the outside to get the pattern ..but free hand cutting from the inside on the liquid mask ..so that’s why it’s not perfect

i haven’t had great luck using tape on the inside of these bodies as it tends to bleed so liquid mask is my preference
But as you can see it’s difficult for me to get perfect cut lines especially in a very noticeable pattern like this 🙄

Absolutely, not easy at all.. you did great for free hand cutting.. 👍.. use the tape as a guide for your score lines if you can instead of using it for masking.. 😉..

Absolutely, not easy at all.. you did great for free hand cutting.. 👍.. use the tape as a guide for your score lines if you can instead of using it for masking.. 😉..
You know what
You’re absolutely right ..I’m not sure why I just didn’t lay the tape down on the inside over the mask 🙄 that would have made it 100 times easier to cut with much more precision

I've never seen any part or even five minutes of F&F, but I do dig the asymmetry of that pattern...even though I typically lean hard towards symmetry. I think that tri-color gradient looks dope. This Skyline body is really nice overall. My only gripe is the shape of that rear wing. It's just too...bucketous. Just out of curiosity, have you tried fabercobbling something up that goes a bit more in the direction of what the car you modeled this after has on the back? Just something a little more delicate. That snow plow just overwhelms the rear of the car and upsets the balance of the proportions. This is obviously nothing againt your work @Ajag , that wing has just bugged me from day one. The paint job itself is like a sharp dressed man. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back