Big Rock Old school Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
Hey old schoolers,
I’m doing a long overdue total overhaul/ maintenance of my Nero. first of probably many issues to come is needing this. Arrrgh! I’m not seeing the screw pin part number.
image.jpg

I’ve got a bunch, but nothing exactly the same.
part number?

Attachments

• B43B5A3D-956C-4560-BF28-5181F3DFBBE9.jpeg
    B43B5A3D-956C-4560-BF28-5181F3DFBBE9.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 78
  • A78AB556-9DF7-4138-90DC-ED92956B1BD4.jpeg
    A78AB556-9DF7-4138-90DC-ED92956B1BD4.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Do yourself a huge favor and replace all those Arrma drive pins with Traxxas 5145 instead. You’ll need 8 to complete entire rig. No mods needed.

Been too long...since center diff maintenance. Manual is foggy...
what screws am I removing ?
Never mind. I think I have it.

Still stumped...not seeing what manual is doing... trying to remove center diff.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I’m completely tearing down and rebuilding all three diffs. I’ve searched threads and there’s lots of opinions, regarding oil weights, I’m hopeful someone with Nero experience will inform me. Right now 20K is all I have.

Last edited:
I’m completely tearing down and rebuilding all three diffs. I’ve searched threads and there’s lots of opinions, regarding oil weights, I’m hopeful someone with Nero experience will inform me. Right now 20K is all I have.
The nero with the diff brain doesn't have diff oil in the diffs. The locking pins actuated by the diff servos doesn't allow fluid to to remain in the diffs. I hope this helps.

Actually it does? or I should say that when I opened them they had oil/grease in them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Sorry I’m such a doofus ? , so this is what was probably in there?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 69
Funny you should ask....I’ve been working on it every day,Completely rebuilt center diff and did maintenance on the others, just now put motor/center diff/servo back together. One of the diff servos is dead.
I left it out of the front diff. I left the locker in, in open position. Is that a bad idea? Can’t get a new one until October. Did a light bench test with no wheels/ minimal acceleration and drive line including slipper clutch seems to be okay. I’m not going to button it up yet because I’m waiting on a new roll hoop.
What are the small bearings for? Sorry for my ignorance, I just haven’t come across these in the rig. Maybe I’m blind?
I guess for nostalgia sake I should have done photos of the process.

8ED762BD-31C8-49ED-A826-4FBA5706E2E0.jpeg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Funny you should ask....I’ve been working on it every day,Completely rebuilt center diff and did maintenance on the others, just now put motor/center diff/servo back together. One of the diff servos is dead.
I left it out of the front diff. I left the locker in, in open position. Is that a bad idea? Can’t get a new one until October. Did a light bench test with no wheels/ minimal acceleration and drive line including slipper clutch seems to be okay. I’m not going to button it up yet because I’m waiting on a new roll hoop.
What are the small bearings for? Sorry for my ignorance, I just haven’t come across these in the rig. Maybe I’m blind?
I guess for nostalgia sake I should have done photos of the process.
On my Nero HD build, I removed the servo and lock pin mechanism from both front and rear diffs. Basically, just the diff assembly and bearings are still in the plastic housing and nothing else.

So is the lock pin going to move around creating a problem? If I take it out wont grease leak out?
btw I figured out what those bearings are for. The rockers, mine are still stock, I’ll swap them out

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back