Big Rock Old school Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All diffs locked?
Yes sir 😎

image.jpg

I just bought a Nero with the diff brain second hand and I should have it next week. It actually looked like it was in great condition and supposedly it was only run like 5 times, so fingers crossed. This whole post is awesome and will def help me out when I go through it. I thought I was excited before but now I am super pumped! I knew I should have just bought one of these in 2016 instead of my ERevo. Only reason I didn’t was because Arrma’s fate was still unknown and the hobby shops around me didn’t really stock parts. Oh well, getting one now so it’s better late than never! Awesome post though and great videos!

I just bought a Nero with the diff brain second hand and I should have it next week. It actually looked like it was in great condition and supposedly it was only run like 5 times, so fingers crossed. This whole post is awesome and will def help me out when I go through it. I thought I was excited before but now I am super pumped! I knew I should have just bought one of these in 2016 instead of my ERevo. Only reason I didn’t was because Arrma’s fate was still unknown and the hobby shops around me didn’t really stock parts. Oh well, getting one now so it’s better late than never! Awesome post though and great videos!
You are going to love it! It’s a tank.

Hope you like the Nero as much as the rest of us do, it's great to drive and look at. Most replacement parts are still available as well as aftermarket ones.

it’s here! Had it for a few weeks now but I haven’t had time to drive it yet. I’m in the middle of moving houses and have been working nights for the past month… but this thing is awesome. I def got a steal and the condition is better than I could have hoped.

35F5439F-62ED-4862-9242-23053FFFA33D.jpeg

74CB00EE-F522-4F97-BC4E-76F15E04BB3B.jpeg

25159801-0878-442D-934E-9BFAD76F1D72.jpeg

On Friday I figured out how to lock the diffs from the stock remote without diff brain. Only problem is the diffs would all be on the same channel making it an all locked or all unlocked, I fixed that problem by putting a broken ads-08 servo with the center diff stuck in locked (90% of the time I have the center locked).

On Friday I figured out how to lock the diffs from the stock remote without diff brain. Only problem is the diffs would all be on the same channel making it an all locked or all unlocked, I fixed that problem by putting a broken ads-08 servo with the center diff stuck in locked (90% of the time I have the center locked).
Interesting. How did you hook up all 3 diffs to the receiver?

Here’s a couple pictures to keep this Nero thread going. 2 or 3 years ago I scored this new in box Big Rock 6S from my local hobby shop left over stock after it was discontinued. And I had a Nero already. I did sell that Nero. I sold a Fazon 6S I bought when they first released also. Wish I never did sell those. I still have the 6S Big Rock but that thing is a shelf queen and that’s it.

Reading this thread makes me want to get another Nero. Ill be keeping an eye out for a decent one. I’ve got a ton of spare parts from my past trucks that I kept for the Big Rock if I were to ever run it. So if I find a Nero it I’ll be a runner. I’ve got a clear Nero body also but no decals for
4D2D17B6-FE10-41F1-9787-D0607A5E324B.jpeg
048CAB78-A60E-48BA-B219-102893447DB1.jpeg
0FEF8B08-685E-49C2-9030-8D09BF9172A9.jpeg
115F5077-85AD-4581-9728-DB76CCF97A62.jpeg

FDA46EDE-0342-49E7-92F7-3986C848ED98.jpeg

Well, you fuggers inspired me. I'm a grand plus lighter in my pockets but man O man these things are tanks!!! The non diff lock version is hard to steer because it's always pulling air! I love how the camber changes on all 4 wheels in a turn. Haven't taken the diff lock version out yet due to time constraints. I need to remove or repair an aux lighting setup that it came with 1st. The green body is brand new, the blue is in pretty good shape but has two cracks at the back. Both chassis are in excellent shape. One came with a brand new set of original tires, ( shelved for now).
Anyway here they are.
20211127_132323.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back