Vorteks Old vorteks tranny vs new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigoso75

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hello to all. So im upgrading my Vorteks mega to brushless. Bought a 4 pole 3500kv motor with a 60amp esc and a 22t pinion/ 87t spur running on 2s lipo. So here's the question. After much research and endless reading it seems that the older Vorteks mega came with all composite gears (similar to ECX Circuit, Amp, etc) and the Vorteks blx was all steel gears........and now..the new Vorteks mega and blx share the same 60/40 steel/composite gear setup. Before I go all steel....will this new tranny/gear setup hold up?? Should I opt for all steel and just not worry or not worry cause it should be fine?

@Bigoso75 first welcome to ArrmaForum, glad to have you here.

To answer your question, on 2S brushless the stock transmission in the Arrma Vorteks should hold up okay (depending on your driving style) but if it was me I would probably upgrade to the steel/composite setup. If for nothing else allowing you to go with 3s+ LiPo setups.

1) Thanks very much for the welcome.
2) and thanks very much for the reply. I race and bash on dirt lots and brothers backyard, nothing too extreme. The new steel/composite gear setups look pretty tough. I'm going to go that route then. I love monster truck tires (mainly for astetic purposes) and will be putting some on later on. How far down should i go on the pinion or both pinion and spur on my brushless setup. The tires will probably be in the size range of the Granite. Thanks again

1) Thanks very much for the welcome.
2) and thanks very much for the reply. I race and bash on dirt lots and brothers backyard, nothing too extreme. The new steel/composite gear setups look pretty tough. I'm going to go that route then. I love monster truck tires (mainly for astetic purposes) and will be putting some on later on. How far down should i go on the pinion or both pinion and spur on my brushless setup. The tires will probably be in the size range of the Granite. Thanks again

What did you do on the gearing?
Since Granite and Vorteks have the same tranny, why not use the Granite gears, spur and pinion, so they will match those huge tires?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back