Typhon Old Yeller (typhon hybrid)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like how this has turned out! I have an overpowered typhon 3s that I need to do something similar to. I appreciate how thorough you are with your build threads. You saved me time and money on my Granite Voltage.🤟🤟

I really like how this has turned out! I have an overpowered typhon 3s that I need to do something similar to. I appreciate how thorough you are with your build threads. You saved me time and money on my Granite Voltage.🤟🤟
I appreciate that man and am glad that you got something out of it! Old yeller is one of my favorite cars along with my vortex hybrid… Thing. Those two are my most driven and solid vehicles. I’ve only got one of my voltages left but it is very dependable. My 8 year old grand daughter absolutely loves it and drives it whenever she’s over.

That’s one of the great things about Arrmas. They are mix-and-match within their own lines so if you don’t like what you got, you can make it something that you do.

i have a senton > BRCC > now some variation of all but now added a wing so i guess its a typhon too? I love being able to swap all of the parts around. Keeps me from getting bored.

Last edited:
New slipper assembly with the "Velo sleeves on the shaft. Hope I get the same results! Thanks again!
16572390360145646979013060092079.jpg

16572389251376707869891237373830.jpg

16572391038231234520028883209208.jpg

Old Yeller is my favorite basher…but it could be a little better. I’ve planned all along to up grade it with 4s parts and now that Jenny’s has them, time to see if they fit. I mainly want the wider stance and better (I hope) driveshafts.

I’m not planning on running it on 4s. I’ve got a Noto and Kraton for those ‘I need more power’ moments. This is the car I like to take to the park with the kid most days so it gets a lot of use. Got a MM2 and 4068, 2650kv surpass to throw in as well. It already has metal diffs and spur. It’ll be a fun little project for while I’m healing.

527A8F71-7205-409E-8243-8FFE3A1988C8.jpeg

13A008D3-CD77-482D-BA38-DBE4D1ED31D0.jpeg

Man I couldn’t resist a few more things even though I don’t need ‘em. I’m very curious about the new diffs compared to the old style metal diffs I put together early this year. I really like the look of the copperhead 2s as well. They are great on my Kraton and I don’t really like the 4s backflips I have. I also picked up the new slipper with metal spur. Again I’m curious of the difference, if any, on the new spur hub.

6AD23DA8-9437-4A2B-BA26-53C9C03F6F13.jpeg

Man I couldn’t resist a few more things even though I don’t need ‘em. I’m very curious about the new diffs compared to the old style metal diffs I put together early this year. I really like the look of the copperhead 2s as well. They are great on my Kraton and I don’t really like the 4s backflips I have. I also picked up the new slipper with metal spur. Again I’m curious of the difference, if any, on the new spur hub.

View attachment 238116
Getting a XLWB chassis?

Getting a XLWB chassis?
Nah, sticking with the regular LWB as don’t want to paint a new body for it. I love how the current one turned out. Also love my TBone chassis skid plate, it really protects the chassis.

Nah, sticking with the regular LWB as don’t want to paint a new body for it. I love how the current one turned out. Also love my TBone chassis skid plate, it really protects the chassis.
Sweet.

I was asking because I’m not sure how the brace is going to fit.

Sweet.

I was asking because I’m not sure how the brace is going to fit.
Ah that makes sense. I got it for the plastic mounting bits and pieces. Already have the right size metal rod. Well my kid has it so I’ll trade out the longer one.

All parts are in for the 4s conversion! But I’ve only one functional hand so…yeah. Figure I’ll stumble through tearing it down this weekend and cleaning it up. Also need to thoroughly check any parts I’ll reuse and reinforce the body where the shoogoo is pulling up. Then I’ll just sit and stare at all the new parts while figuring out the differences between old and new spur/diff assemblies.
I’m super excited and feel like I’m building my 3s dream car RC 😊

I’ll only run it on 3s really, all the 4s parts are because I want the wide stance, plush suspension and hopefully stronger parts. Which they should be on just 3s. My actual dream 4s car is the techno mt410. So much so that’s it’s the only thing on my Christmas, bday, Father’s Day and anniversary wish list.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back