Typhon omg , i got two

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
so i headed into the modelshop to collect the typhon and sitting there on the shelf , was a ready built tamiya hornet , so just had to have both , always wanted a hornet some 40 years ago , but went with the fast attack vehicle , anyways this is an arrma forum , i am such a happy chappy to have a modern fast typhon and old school brushed with nimh , simply brilliant
IMG_5866.JPG

IMG_5869.JPG

IMG_5859.JPG

so i headed into the modelshop to collect the typhon and sitting there on the shelf , was a ready built tamiya hornet , so just had to have both , always wanted a hornet some 40 years ago , but went with the fast attack vehicle , anyways this is an arrma forum , i am such a happy chappy to have a modern fast typhon and old school brushed with nimh , simply brilliant View attachment 213491
View attachment 213492
View attachment 213493
I built one back in the 80s. Nice grab👍🏼

so i headed into the modelshop to collect the typhon and sitting there on the shelf , was a ready built tamiya hornet , so just had to have both , always wanted a hornet some 40 years ago , but went with the fast attack vehicle , anyways this is an arrma forum , i am such a happy chappy to have a modern fast typhon and old school brushed with nimh , simply brilliant View attachment 213491
View attachment 213492
View attachment 213493
The Hornet was my 1st real RC bout 40yrs as well… not much left of it through pretty much just parts & pieces. That one u picked up looks awesome & just as I remember it….thanks for the cool pictures 🤘🏻🤘🏻

thanks everyone , first off , the typhon , i had forgotten how quiet , fast and nimble these little 3s cars are , i have had several packs though it on my lawn , and its been fantastic , perfect in fact . the little Hornet , what a laugh , slow , doesn't turn and bounces everywhere , i cant stop smiling , both are great in there own way , they are both indoors now and resting in front of the tv , lovely jubbly

View attachment 213492
View attachment 213493
That was my very first Rc the hornet. Then when I got back into the hobby the typhon v1 was my first. Great pick ups.

3s Typhon are fast and fun.

But
that Hornet, O.M.G I must have one too. Looks amazing.

ANYTIME BABY ! that rocks.
I can also recommend another Tamiya fory you to buy. the Vanessas Lunch Box if you not have one. They are So funny , You just laugh when driving one.
It does alot wheelies too :)

Man I love the Hornet!! My first RC car ever!

I have one NEW in the box unbuilt. Just waiting for a nice quiet time to build it up as I enjoy the build as much as driving . :)

thanks everyone for your awesome positiveness towards my rigs , the typhon has been going all day , and the only casualty was the motor fan , so a spare put on and the front window cut in to allow some air flow , its run on grass the entire time and did get warm . next up , build a jump yeeee harrrr . the little Hornet needs a 2s lipo to bounce along with , the nimh is slower to charge but works great . next up will be a grasshopper , wanted one 36 years ago , but ended up with a second hand fast attack vehicle , followed by many many more tamiya , sold them all except the original hotshot , which i still have in the loft , its a great hobby aint it
IMG_5883.JPG

IMG_5880.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back