Senton OMG! Im hooked!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, it’s really THAT important for the antenna to be extended? We’re you only seeing this at a distance or at a certain angle, I.e., when the vehicle was facing a particular direction or something? I must admit, I haven’t even put my receivers inside the boxes, since I have been swapping radios and such, always thinking I’d secure them “when I was done tinkering” as if that would ever happen.

Wow, it’s really THAT important for the antenna to be extended? We’re you only seeing this at a distance or at a certain angle, I.e., when the vehicle was facing a particular direction or something? I must admit, I haven’t even put my receivers inside the boxes, since I have been swapping radios and such, always thinking I’d secure them “when I was done tinkering” as if that would ever happen.
Yes, and antennas are easily damaged. They are not made of wire. Some fiber optic type thing I believe? That little top bit that sticks out of the plastic casing of the antenna is very important to not damage. Just kinking it while putting the receiver box lid on can ruin it. Crazy, huh?

Last edited:
Awesome bud .enjoy and while your at it open your wallet wide 🤑 upgrade upgrade upgrade..make it scream🤟😁👍
Sorry velo meant for Jonny b🤟😁👍
Lol. I upgrade as NEEDED. Learned this from my 5th scale gas days. These little rigs are so much easier to wrench on and parts are super cheap so yes, its tempting, but my wallet along with me just retired last March. Already screams on 3's....wondered why it came with wheelie bar...now I know!
Yes, and antennas are easily damaged. They are not made of wire. Some fiber optic type thing I believe? That little top bit that sticks out of the plastic casing of the antenna is very important to not damage. Just kinking it while putting the reviver box lid can ruin it. Crazy, huh?
Velodromed is spot on! Made a difference for me. Would only cut out at far end of the field, so I ruled out cogging.

Lol. I upgrade as NEEDED. Learned this from my 5th scale gas days. These little rigs are so much easier to wrench on and parts are super cheap so yes, its tempting, but my wallet along with me just retired last March. Already screams on 3's....wondered why it came with wheelie bar...now I know!
Not me ..lol I upgrade what ik will break..so it saves me time and who wants to go out all ready to bash and boom something breaks..I'm prepared 🤟😁👍

Not me ..lol I upgrade what ik will break..so it saves me time and who wants to go out all ready to bash and boom something breaks..I'm prepared 🤟😁👍
Precisely why I bought proline tires, hubs and pinion before first run as I blew a stock tire in 45 seconds...guess I called that right. I would also guess that your driving style is a bit different then mind. My truck mainly stays on the ground.lol.

Precisely why I bought proline tires, hubs and pinion before first run as I blew a stock tire in 45 seconds...guess I called that right. I would also guess that your driving style is a bit different then mind. My truck mainly stays on the ground.lol.
Actually Im not a basher.i enjoy doing speed passes and a messing around on the street🤟😁👍

I upgrade as NEEDED
Very smart, it’s obvious from that one simple statement you’ve RC’d in the past. 1/5th cars are money pits I’ve heard... man, the upgrade train gets silly fast. Figure out of your driving style while stock, see what you break and what do you like to do (like sending it) then upgrade accordingly. I’ll admit, though, it is fun. I wrench on my cars far more than I actually drive them. It’s so…relaxing.

Gearing down usually helps. 🤷‍♂️
So I hear. That's why I bought the 15 tooth pinion. Actually just ran the stock 20 tooth yesterday. Threw the stock tires back on also. Still a small amount or cogging but no noticeable difference on my rig regardless of pinion size......because of that, ill stick with the 20.

Very smart, it’s obvious from that one simple statement you’ve RC’d in the past. 1/5th cars are money pits I’ve heard... man, the upgrade train gets silly fast. Figure out of your driving style while stock, see what you break and what do you like to do (like sending it) then upgrade accordingly. I’ll admit, though, it is fun. I wrench on my cars far more than I actually drive them. It’s so…relaxing.
Absolutely!..... expensive?? Oh yes. The steering servo alone on my Losi 5T was $200. The Bartolone pipe was $250.00. I won't even mention the other stupid upgrades. I sold the entire rig with a futaba radio and so many extra parts your head would spin for $350.00 to a guy at work. It was killing me to look at it everyday with nowhere to run it anymore. I designed and built a 1/2 acre track in my backyard. I'm talking 26 dump truck loads of clay and 7k invested. Not your typical short course track. You could really stretch the legs on these beasts. This was back in 2012 or 13 when I was married. Would have monthly Saturday events. Had a 85 year old drive 3 hours from ft. Lauderdale to Eustis FL. Couldn't drive for she#t but was a great guy and was all about fun. Had another drive down from Jacksonville among others. Great commeradity! Never charged a cent to run. Man those were good times! Those rigs were a pain to wrench on. Sorry to ramble on but man it was some good times. Still some U- tube vids out there floating around if You want to check it out. Bearfoot Raceway of Eustis Florida. Honestly, I'm enjoying my little Senton so much, its just so darn simplistic and easy but man, does it haul the mail! Lol

I hear you man. Just retired 9 months ago..so tired of working with dead beats and me cleaning up their messes.its a different world. No one takes pride in what they do anymore....sad.
Absolutely right👍it is very sad

Absolutely!..... expensive?? Oh yes. The steering servo alone on my Losi 5T was $200. The Bartolone pipe was $250.00. I won't even mention the other stupid upgrades. I sold the entire rig with a futaba radio and so many extra parts your head would spin for $350.00 to a guy at work. It was killing me to look at it everyday with nowhere to run it anymore. I designed and built a 1/2 acre track in my backyard. I'm talking 26 dump truck loads of clay and 7k invested. Not your typical short course track. You could really stretch the legs on these beasts. This was back in 2012 or 13 when I was married. Would have monthly Saturday events. Had a 85 year old drive 3 hours from ft. Lauderdale to Eustis FL. Couldn't drive for she#t but was a great guy and was all about fun. Had another drive down from Jacksonville among others. Great commeradity! Never charged a cent to run. Man those were good times! Those rigs were a pain to wrench on. Sorry to ramble on but man it was some good times. Still some U- tube vids out there floating around if You want to check it out. Bearfoot Raceway of Eustis Florida. Honestly, I'm enjoying my little Senton so much, its just so darn simplistic and easy but man, does it haul the mail! Lol

Very nice!! Sounds like amazing land and track you had. Lost it in the divorce huh? I lost most everything in mine 5 years ago, but it was worth it. Yeah man, ramble on. It’s all good. I’m rarely short on words either 😂

It’s good you’re enjoying the senton! That’s the only 3s basher I don’t have. I really like the 3s line. I got a 6s Notorious and Kraton last year, but still found myself reaching for my 3s cars mostly. They were lacking though, I wanted something in between 3 and 6s. So I’ve been building a couple 4s cars from scratch. The first one (old Yeller, below) I’ve finished. Mostly v2, 4s parts with 6s shocks, based on a long wheelbase chassis same as your senton. It’s the perfect rc for me. I built it twice since I broke the chassis and front shock tower a couple weeks after building it 🙄

The vorteks I’m working on is a total mutt, a combination of 3s, 6s (shocks) and v1/v2, 4s parts based on a short wheelbase chassis, like the granite has. I love experimenting and these two were and are a blast to build.

Thread '4s Velo scratch build, LWB chassis (Old Yeller)'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/4s-velo-scratch-build-lwb-chassis-old-yeller.56168/

Thread '4s hybrid Vorteks…Thing (another Velo build)'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/4s-hybrid-vorteks…thing-another-velo-build.58380/

35485195-75EB-45D6-A0FF-4DB5DADF441E.jpeg

C698E537-A46C-49E8-ABDD-761B33918344.jpeg

Very nice!! Sounds like amazing land and track you had. Lost it in the divorce huh? I lost most everything in mine 5 years ago, but it was worth it. Yeah man, ramble on. It’s all good. I’m rarely short on words either 😂

It’s good you’re enjoying the senton! That’s the only 3s basher I don’t have. I really like the 3s line. I got a 6s Notorious and Kraton last year, but still found myself reaching for my 3s cars mostly. They were lacking though, I wanted something in between 3 and 6s. So I’ve been building a couple 4s cars from scratch. The first one (old Yeller, below) I’ve finished. Mostly v2, 4s parts with 6s shocks, based on a long wheelbase chassis same as your senton. It’s the perfect rc for me. I built it twice since I broke the chassis and front shock tower a couple weeks after building it 🙄

The vorteks I’m working on is a total mutt, a combination of 3s, 6s (shocks) and v1/v2, 4s parts based on a short wheelbase chassis, like the granite has. I love experimenting and these two were and are a blast to build.

Thread '4s Velo scratch build, LWB chassis (Old Yeller)'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/4s-velo-scratch-build-lwb-chassis-old-yeller.56168/

Thread '4s hybrid Vorteks…Thing (another Velo build)'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/4s-hybrid-vorteks…thing-another-velo-build.58380/

View attachment 267102

View attachment 267103
Holy Old Yeller! That's quite a build! Very nice! Following the vortex build as well! Indeed, you DO love wrenching! Also love destroying...lol. some nice carnage pics! On a personal note, glad you and especially the Mrs. are coming out of a tough 2 year battle. My Girl is a 11 year cancer survivor with 6 back surgeries. Hoping for a great 2023 for all!

Holy Old Yeller! That's quite a build! Very nice! Following the vortex build as well! Indeed, you DO love wrenching! Also love destroying...lol. some nice carnage pics! On a personal note, glad you and especially the Mrs. are coming out of a tough 2 year battle. My Girl is a 11 year cancer survivor with 6 back surgeries. Hoping for a great 2023 for all!
Oh wow! That’s amazing and am glad your wife made it through so much. Knowing exactly what it feels like, man…
Thanks you! Much appreciate the kind words. Yep, I don’t break them often and that one was a stupid jump that I should not have done. Felt like an idiot for days after 😂
We are hoping for a really boring year. We would love to just do bare minimum for a bit, being tired to the soul we need a normal routine to recover. It’ll be a good year though, I can feel it 🙏

Oh wow! That’s amazing and am glad your wife made it through so much. Knowing exactly what it feels like, man…
Thanks you! Much appreciate the kind words. Yep, I don’t break them often and that one was a stupid jump that I should not have done. Felt like an idiot for days after 😂
We are hoping for a really boring year. We would love to just do bare minimum for a bit, being tired to the soul we need a normal routine to recover. It’ll be a good year though, I can feel it 🙏
Thank you, but not my wife, but committed all the same. Best person I know! Blessed!

. Will try to get some pics up...I'm afraid I'm in serious trouble!😆
Thought I would throw in a photo since it will never be this clean again.
New is only once. Take all the pix now. Will never look that nice again.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back