Senton OMG! Im hooked!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
First run with the Senton 3s in backyard. 100% stock. Charged Lipo without involving 911, calibrated steering and throttle. Put tx on 50%. My first impression😳 then😁! I haven't grinned like that since my Losi Days, but this is way faster! Tiny back yard so could only run in small area. Cant wait to get this thing out in an open area latter. Will try to get some pics up...I'm afraid I'm in serious trouble!😆
Thought I would throw in a photo since it will never be this clean again.

Attachments

• IMG_20221210_132631259_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221210_132631259_HDR.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 108
First run with the Senton 3s in backyard. 100% stock. Charged Lipo without involving 911, calibrated steering and throttle. Put tx on 50%. My first impression😳 then😁! I haven't grinned like that since my Losi Days, but this is way faster! Tiny back yard so could only run in small area. Cant wait to get this thing out in an open area latter. Will try to get some pics up...I'm afraid I'm in serious trouble!😆
Yeah man, you’re definitely hooked. Enjoy the obsession!

Yeah man, you’re definitely hooked. Enjoy the obsession!
2 concerns...hope I have the slipper clutch adjusted properly.. I may play with it while running..easy enough to pop out driveshaft. Seems very torquee and any need to adjust punch settings? Haven't touched it.
Beyond obsessed. Within 3 months after getting the Losi 5T, I had a 26 dump truck load of clay in back yard forming a track. Gosh I miss that property!

Last edited:

You think you're grinning now...
Just wait til you find an bigger open field and toggle the throttle to 100%.
You're in for a real treat once you witness it hook up and take off like a model rocket.

You think you're grinning now...
Just wait til you find an bigger open field and toggle the throttle to 100%.
You're in for a real treat once you witness it hook up and take off like a model rocket.
And that will be happening within the next hour! Girlfriend is the photographer!:giggle:

Awesome! When I first got my Mojave (my first surface rc) I felt the same way, my face hurt from grinning so hard. Just wait until you get her some place she can stretch her legs! (y)

Last edited:
Awesome! When I first got my Mojave (my first surface rc) I felt the same way, my face hurt from grinning so hard. Just wait until you get her some place she can stretch her legs! (y)
Sometimes I think I'm the sucker for feeling like I should earn my paycheck. :oops: constantly seeing laziness and stupidity get rewarded over and over, while the few employees who earn our pay actually keep the business running can be frustrating sometimes.
I hear you man. Just retired 9 months ago..so tired of working with dead beats and me cleaning up their messes.its a different world. No one takes pride in what they do anymore....sad.

I hear you man. Just retired 9 months ago..so tired of working with dead beats and me cleaning up their messes.its a different world. No one takes pride in what they do anymore....sad.

The second part of this post was posted by accident, I was replying to a different thread but it merged with this instead. DOH!
Don't know how I managed that, but I've got mad skills. :banghead: :oops:🤣

Got one after 20 year hiatus and they are fast. Just from my experience owning it, I have a few recommendations that are essential. To keep the inside tub clean get Scorched RC inner fenders, it will save you a lot of headache from debris.
When you break the arms, replace them with RPM brand. Always check the slipper clutch adjustment, loose it will burn up, too tight it will break differential gears.

hope I have the slipper clutch adjusted properly.. I may play with it while running..easy enough to pop out driveshaft.
I tend to keep mine a little bit loose. Easier on the wheel driveshafts and diffs. Slipper pads are cheaper than both of those. Be very careful about over tightening it. The rear hub can easily strip out. I tighten mine until I feel the least bit of resistance, then tighten a tiny bit more and test it out. If it screams on acceleration it’s a bit loose. If it rockets off the line it’s too tight. I like it to ‘chirp’ a little bit before engaging. It is easy to adjust in the field like you said. Have you taken care of all the pre-run checks yet?

Gald your having fun with your Senton. I bet having a girlfriend that is a photograper would be handy for lots of things. I had one that was good at spelling and grammar and I that was nice for me. :)

Appreciate all the suggestions guys. Ill keep an eye on that clutch. I used rpm arms on my Losi 5T. There tough! The scorched rc fenders are on order but I couldn't wait to run it.
The second part of this post was posted by accident, I was replying to a different thread but it merged with this instead. DOH!
Don't know how I managed that, but I've got mad skills. :banghead: :oops:🤣
No issues man.lol.
And here's the result of my first 45 second run. I knew this was comming so I have some proline trenches waiting for venting, just didn't think I would shred a tire that fast. Rode on hard packed dirt road. Girlfriend never got a chance to photo...oh well always tomorrow.
Break, repair, run, repeat! It's all coming back to me now! 😆

IMG_20221210_152804956_HDR.jpg

I never got the tx off 50% and it was stupid fast on steroids!:eek:
Trenchers are pretty much the same size as stock Do I need to throw the 15 tooth pinion on there?? Appreciate your expertise!

Attachments

• IMG_20221210_152854244_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221210_152854244_HDR.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Gald your having fun with your Senton. I bet having a girlfriend that is a photograper would be handy for lots of things. I had one that was good at spelling and grammar and I that was nice for me. :)
Yes, she's a keeper, very supportive!
If I can keep the tires intact! Lol
I tend to keep mine a little bit loose. Easier on the wheel driveshafts and diffs. Slipper pads are cheaper than both of those. Be very careful about over tightening it. The rear hub can easily strip out. I tighten mine until I feel the least bit of resistance, then tighten a tiny bit more and test it out. If it screams on acceleration it’s a bit loose. If it rockets off the line it’s too tight. I like it to ‘chirp’ a little bit before engaging. It is easy to adjust in the field like you said. Have you taken care of all the pre-run checks yet?
Yes. Pre run checks all done. thanks!

Last edited:
And that will be happening within the next hour! Girlfriend is the photographer!:giggle:

Appreciate all the suggestions guys. Ill keep an eye on that clutch. I used rpm arms on my Losi 5T. There tough! The scorched rc fenders are on order but I couldn't wait to run it.

No issues man.lol.
And here's the result of my first 45 second run. I knew this was comming so I have some proline trenches waiting for venting, just didn't think I would shred a tire that fast. Rode on hard packed dirt road. Girlfriend never got a chance to photo...oh well always tomorrow.
Break, repair, run, repeat! It's all coming back to me now! 😆

View attachment 261688
I never got the tx off 50% and it was stupid fast on steroids!:eek:
Trenchers are pretty much the same size as stock Do I need to throw the 15 tooth pinion on there?? Appreciate your expertise!

Dude!
You spoke too soon.!!
I would have like to see the expression on your girlfriend's face though.. 🤪😱😭

Dude!
You spoke too soon.!!
I would have like to see the expression on your girlfriend's face though.. 🤪😱😭
It was priceless! Said she would never have the patience for this hobby..I told her breaking stuff CAN be fun, but I don't think she got it! 😆
Good to know! Thanks Bud!

FINALLY GOT TO RUN MY NEW SENTON. on 3's 😁 . Took her to a big field with short cut grass dirt mixture. 50% throttle...that lasted about a minute, then switched to 75:eek: I got so caught up in being 12 again I never thought to try 100.😁This thing is stupid fast on steroids. Performed some awesome wheelies as well. You guys modding motors and running 6 and 8s are out of your mind.🤪 As I arrived home the fed ex guy handed me a set of stock tires that I blew out on first run. Hats off to HH for the quick response. I did have some what I believe to be cogging issues? Truck shuts down motor momentarily. I'm running a 15 tooth pinion with proline trenches and a 5200 mAh 135c Lipo. Is the esc to small to handle the 135 c dump? Appreciate an education as I'm new to electrics. Thanks!

This sounds like my near future, except I’ll be trying to get one of my kids to act as photog!

Some friends have had those clogging issues, they called them brownouts. I wanted to ask if a capacitor pack would help with that? I’ll look for a specific thread before I post onemspecifically for this.

This sounds like my near future, except I’ll be trying to get one of my kids to act as photog!

Some friends have had those clogging issues, they called them brownouts. I wanted to ask if a capacitor pack would help with that? I’ll look for a specific thread before I post onemspecifically for this.
Interesting enough, what I thought was cogging, turned out to be reception issues as the antenna was not extended up through the antenna tube enough. Fixed now. I'm not experienced enough to know how to fix cogging other than add a sensored system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back