Vorteks OMG winter is here! I never had so much fun!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukshypro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon TLR
  3. Vorteks
I don't have good places to play with my Vorteks and tonight after kids went to sleep, alI thought I'd give it a rip.
Oh my oh my it did worth it. snow is like dirt, but not dirty. I enjoyed it so much!!!.

Also, the Louise RC MT-Cross tyres were the absolute PERFECT choice for this kind of adventure, it ripppped through the snow. I think I wouldn't have had a chance with any of my other set of tyres
IMG_20221211_204814.jpg

IMG_20221211_205446_Bokeh.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy either buying rubber shielded bearings or cleaning after every run.
I love working on it, so its cool. I just changed shock oils and it was the best time to go and rip it. The dusty motors cover also did well, so snow didnt get into the electrics at all

I love working on it, so its cool. I just changed shock oils and it was the best time to go and rip it. The dusty motors cover also did well, so snow didnt get into the electrics at all
Pantyhoses stretched over inside of electronics work good for keeping the snowpack out of chassis..I'd also keep a eye for moisture inside of tires..it'll destroy foam on inside a ruin tire balance. If this happens vent outside of tire so moisture can escape...snow bashing is so fun
Edit....didn't see the dusty cover installed👍👍

Pantyhoses stretched over inside of electronics work good for keeping the snowpack out of chassis..I'd also keep a eye for moisture inside of tires..it'll destroy foam on inside a ruin tire balance. If this happens vent outside of tire so moisture can escape...snow bashing is so fun
Edit....didn't see the dusty cover installed👍👍
Actually one of my first things was to just silo tape the inside vent holes. I don't know why companies just don't do what Arrma does, hole outside the tyres so everything happens naturally, without us having to deal with it.
btw, is all I gotta do is dry the car ? cuz most of the snow melted off in the bath, then I took off tyres to get the snow from between rims, then I just dried them off put them on the side. then the car, I took a hairdryer and dried the car off. didn't need to clean too much, cuz the car was not dirty and I bashed in snow, which is clean as ice :D
tl;dr cleaning the car is just drying it, right ? I also got some bearing oil and can give the bearings so care tomorrow

I would hose mine down with wd40 before..snow bash it up...bearing kit an a screw kit from jrc an your good to go again after winter
If ya have 17mm hexs ya should try these 25$ paddles off amazon..super fun an can handle 6s also...

Just whatever you do, DON'T put wd-40 on the bearings.
Funny thing is my first year an half into the hobby I was all off road,snow,rain an even hydroplaning across lakes.now I got all on road cars that never see any kind of moisture or dirt unless crashed into it...lol

Nice vid. That Mojave stays nicely planted and drifts good! Nice score on the tires!

sir, yes sir.

Around 2 months ago I bought these two for my children. The last 7 days I rebuilt, greased and filled my rear diff with 20k diff silicone, broke and rebuilt my slipper clutch then changed it to a brand new, filled rear and front shocks with 450 and 400 silicone oils and put the dusty motor sleeves on them, rebuilt my front diff, filled with 30k diff silicone and greased it, yesterday had my best ever bashing in the fresh new sticky snow, today I also re-oiled all my front bearings. The only reason why I didnt do the rear is because it's 12pm.

This hobby is amazing for my dopamine crawing brain.

how it started:

IMG_20221011_120259.jpg

How its going:

IMG_20221211_160626.jpg

IMG_20221212_215912.jpg

IMG_20221212_215924.jpg

IMG_20221212_212725.jpg

IMG_20221212_221115.jpg

IMG_20221211_144002.jpg

IMG_20221211_155107.jpg

IMG_20221212_212733.jpg

IMG_20221212_214108.jpg

IMG_20221212_222301.jpg

IMG_20221211_134804.jpg

IMG_20221211_135550.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Looks like your kids have a good pit crew mechanic and who says winter sucks!
Haha, ye. I did fix my sons Ftx Tracer a couple of times too 🤣
Your completely hooked by the sounds of it.. Bash on brother! 😎🤙
Yes, absolutely. It also helpes with mental health. I have to do things to feel I achieve something. Seeing something clean, that I cleaned, or knowing that now the front diff has 30k silicone oil and crown has grease gives me a sense of joy and fullfilment.

I also cant say how proud I am of myself. At this point the only things I did not take apart are the servo arms that move the tyres and the electrics inside. Everything else I already serviced and master. I was abaolutely afraid having to service this when I got it and now I own it 😎

That's awesome to see dude! Megaman is getting it done 😃👍 I'd never touched a hobby grade rc before this past February & now I can build a typhon from the ground up. It is immensely satisfying to see the improvement of your own skills & to be able to set out goals, whether large or small, & to be able to accomplish them. Happy to see you're enjoying this incredible hobby. 🙂👍🤘

That's awesome to see dude! Megaman is getting it done 😃👍 I'd never touched a hobby grade rc before this past February & now I can build a typhon from the ground up. It is immensely satisfying to see the improvement of your own skills & to be able to set out goals, whether large or small, & to be able to accomplish them. Happy to see you're enjoying this incredible hobby. 🙂👍🤘
Same, and every time I take it apart now, I feel I can pay attention to smth new. When I did the rear diff, I didnt know about shimming, now with the front diff I experienced that a single shim can make it tight enough, how it should be and it feels so amazing.

And then next things are queued up, shimming arms to not have the tyres wobbling, cleaning around rear diff and re oiling rear diffs etc.

I gotta do smth w the servo arms (or whats it called), because they just wobbly so much lol. Would full metal servo arms help?

Same, and every time I take it apart now, I feel I can pay attention to smth new. When I did the rear diff, I didnt know about shimming, now with the front diff I experienced that a single shim can make it tight enough, how it should be and it feels so amazing.

And then next things are queued up, shimming arms to not have the tyres wobbling, cleaning around rear diff and re oiling rear diffs etc.

I gotta do smth w the servo arms (or whats it called), because they just wobbly so much lol. Would full metal servo arms help?
To be completely honest I have VERY LITTLE experience with the 3s line, my 1st car was a 3s typhon but I wrecked it after about a week and a half & it's been sitting, broken in a box ever since 😆 I just moved up to a 6s Typhon afterwards so I can't really help you much there🤷‍♂️ You should be able to go into the Vorteks subforum & search around in there tho. Maybe @Velodromed could step in here & assist, he seems to know these 3s cars really well

Hey bud…What do you mean by servo arms? Honestly want to stay away from most metal parts (outside of things like gears and motor mount, etc.) because the impacts will travel to the next point and break something possibly more expensive. Also it adds weight and you want to keep these things as light as possible because that’s a big part of the durability. Go ahead and post a picture of what you mean…
To be completely honest I have VERY LITTLE experience with the 3s line, my 1st car was a 3s typhon but I wrecked it after about a week and a half & it's been sitting, broken in a box ever since 😆 I just moved up to a 6s Typhon afterwards so I can't really help you much there🤷‍♂️ You should be able to go into the Vorteks subforum & search around in there tho. Maybe @Velodromed could step in here & assist, he seems to know these 3s cars really well
Yup! I can’t see a 3s car lasting very long with you. Thanks for the mention man! Oh, I’m waiting to see what your break today! 😂

Hey bud…What do you mean by servo arms? Honestly want to stay away from most metal parts (outside of things like gears and motor mount, etc.) because the impacts will travel to the next point and break something possibly more expensive. Also it adds weight and you want to keep these things as light as possible because that’s a big part of the durability. Go ahead and post a picture of what you mean…
Heya, so the thing between the turnbuckles thing and the servo saver + first servo arm. The thing thats in betwen is super wobbly.
Here s a pic

IMG_20221212_212733__01.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back