On a serious note....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I lost my older brother to cancer a few years back. He first got it at 40. Beat it and then got it again at 54. He didn't make it that time. It's tough dealing with a loved one with cancer. If anyone just wants to talk, feel free to message me. Hopefully I can help. It's not easy.

I lost my older brother to cancer a few years back. He first got it at 40. Beat it and then got it again at 54. He didn't make it that time. It's tough dealing with a loved one with cancer. If anyone just wants to talk, feel free to message me. Hopefully I can help. It's not easy.

I'm feeling ya. I lost one brother to ALS. That was horrible also.

@bicketybam I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer sucks. A good friend of mine got breast cancer pretty early. My wife's mother and grandmother both have had it, her grandmother got it twice and like your brother didn't make it the second time around.

I look forward to the day when cancer is a thing of the past. Hopefully sooner than later.

@bicketybam I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer sucks. A good friend of mine got breast cancer pretty early. My wife's mother and grandmother both have had it, her grandmother got it twice and like your brother didn't make it the second time around.

I look forward to the day when cancer is a thing of the past. Hopefully sooner than later.

After my brother passed I lost my dad to kidney cancer. Cancer is tough on the victim and just as hard on the loved ones. What do you say to someone who is going to die? How do you cope? This is why I started this thread. I want to help.

I lost my best friend to throat cancer about a year ago. 46 years old and never a tobacco user with a 98% chance of survival. It was hard enough with a friend, I can't imagine a sibling or parent. I haven't had to deal with stuff like this yet, and I do NOT look forward to it. My deepest condolences to those who have been through this kinda crap.

Yup cancer is definitely a *. At this point I really don't get too sad when people die, but that's just because it's happened so much to my family. The lifespan averages out to be about 51 between the 2 generations above me due to heart disease and mainly shootings. In the last 10 years I've been to 17 family funerals, including both parents and a sibling. That's all I've been to, there's been 2 more. I crashed on my way there and earned my way to the hospital both times.

That said, we get through these things together and celebrate their release into something unworldly that we will only experience when our time comes. Until then, we make the world a better place.

In 2014 I lost my dad,grandmother father in law one of my friends lost his brother to cancer and another one of my friends lost his daughter to cancer and my dog of 15 years died all within one year it was a tough year to say the least and what its taught me is to love the people that are most important to you and cherish every moment with them because tomorrow isn't promised and all we got in life is the memories we make and nothing and no one can take that away from you not even a poopy disease like cancer and all these other diseases that touch so many of us I'm all ears if anyone needs to vent I know what it's like to feel like you have no one to speak to peace and love peace and love arrma fam

In 2014 I lost my dad,grandmother father in law one of my friends lost his brother to cancer and another one of my friends lost his daughter to cancer and my dog of 15 years died all within one year it was a tough year to say the least and what its taught me is to love the people that are most important to you and cherish every moment with them because tomorrow isn't promised and all we got in life is the memories we make and nothing and no one can take that away from you not even a poopy disease like cancer and all these other diseases that touch so many of us I'm all ears if anyone needs to vent I know what it's like to feel like you have no one to speak to peace and love peace and love arrma fam
Couldn’t have said it any better than that. We live in the present. People cry to me over bs, people cut me off on the street, but I’m alive and I’m happy.

Cancer has claimed a many of good people. My Father-in-law loss his battle 12 years ago. He was a golden man that alway lived right and had a deep faith in the lord. He was craftsman by trade and could do just about anything.... He taught me so much. On top of that he was an amazing sportsman. We looked forward to deer season every year. We enjoyed a many great days in the woods hunting or on a stream fishing. To this day I have a hard time going deer hunting anymore. I would sit in a stand or on a side of a hill and just think about him. He struggled with cancer for 3 long and painful years, till it took him. I watched a very strong man turn into a feeble shell of a person.... I know he's in a better place now and not hurting anymore..... But, I miss him dearly and my wife misses him even more. I feel for people and families that has gone through this.... Peace be with you all.

This is a beautiful thread, and I don't want to take away from anyone's grieving. I am a cancer survivor. When I was 17, I had a $hitty form of lymphoma cancer, and the treatments back then, were not nearly as precise as they are today. Happy to be hear to talk about it, and can listen for hours, when someone needs to talk. I've done my best to give back to the community that took care of me back then, and rode in a special charity ride for 10 years. If you have the time, I'd be happy to tell you more. Condolences to those who mourn the loss of loved ones.

This is a beautiful thread, and I don't want to take away from anyone's grieving. I am a cancer survivor. When I was 17, I had a $hitty form of lymphoma cancer, and the treatments back then, were not nearly as precise as they are today. Happy to be hear to talk about it, and can listen for hours, when someone needs to talk. I've done my best to give back to the community that took care of me back then, and rode in a special charity ride for 10 years. If you have the time, I'd be happy to tell you more. Condolences to those who mourn the loss of loved ones.View attachment 31887
Thats a great story of inspiration and Congrats for winning the battle and giving back Mr. J....

@Notorious J that's amazing ??
Thanks Buck, but it was honestly the least I could do. I was given a second chance that many are not. Thinking of those I know who didn't survive, makes a person wonder why they get to stick around. FVCK CANCER!

Absolutely notorious who knows why anyone gets there number called it's all about what you do and the footprint you leave before it's our time till then Fvck cancer and live life

My mom had stage 4 cervical cancer and beat it 4 years ago but was never the same since all the chemo. She had a hard time going back to work, they call it “chemo brain”, her ? employer of 30 years started making her feel bad about and basically made her feel like she had to retire. SO, 2 years ago she retired, 1 year into retirement she gets breast cancer, beats that and NOW she was just diagnosed with Parkinsons.

She has had a rough few years and it has changed her and to be honest I worry about her. She needs a hobby or something because she doesn’t do much now....and no she isn’t interested in RC lol.

That must be hard @Mongoose my father and grandmother both had alzheimers and my father in law had huntington's it's hard to deal with seeing someone that has been strong you whole life in a situation like that but we have to be strong for them and pick up where they cant anymore and just be by they're side and be they're strength

Thanks @Uncle_buck she is still in the early stages of the Parkinson’s and as of yesterday they just upped her medicine for it...she just gets the shakes so bad sometimes she has a hard time holding things. She gets embarrassed by it too. She doesn’t go out much and she doesn’t do much throughout the day but watch TV and that isn’t good. I’ve made suggestions as far as things she can do or clubs she can join so she has people around something to do but she just says “ok, I’ll figure it out..”. But really I just want to say “Mom! It’s not good for you sit around all day everyday, it’s unhealthy to be unoccupied.”

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back