On fire!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiong2moua

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I have purchased my first Arrma in January 2017. My son has a blast on this so call Talion car. He was amazed how fast it was out of the box, how it handled, the amount of air time and the amount of beating it can take. This thing is a beast of its kind.

After a few charges and run. It didn't turn on. The steering would work fine. The BLX ESC didn't turn on. Left it unplug for a few days. Plug the batteries back in. Yes...it ran again...son was super stoked. 10 minutes later...he ran inside saying it car was smoking. Went out to check it out and the batteries cable melted the solder and the ESC was fried. Not sure if other electronic's was too.

Called and emailed Arrma. They responded right away. I didn't feel threaten or they didn't make me feel like I'm the problem. Send the all the electrical parts back for them to check. The emailed me right away listing out what I shipped and started processing my work order.

Pros:
  • Awesome customer service.
  • RC chassis and suspension well engineered.
  • Handling is awesome.
  • Fast...powerful.
  • Amazing air time.
Cons:
  • ESC.

Suggestion:
  • Add fuse or heat detection to avoid fire or totalled lost.
Despite my experience and other negative review with my first Arrma. I will be buying a Kraton.

20170215_212103.jpg

I have purchased my first Arrma in January 2017. My son has a blast on this so call Talion car. He was amazed how fast it was out of the box, how it handled, the amount of air time and the amount of beating it can take. This thing is a beast of its kind.

After a few charges and run. It didn't turn on. The steering would work fine. The BLX ESC didn't turn on. Left it unplug for a few days. Plug the batteries back in. Yes...it ran again...son was super stoked. 10 minutes later...he ran inside saying it car was smoking. Went out to check it out and the batteries cable melted the solder and the ESC was fried. Not sure if other electronic's was too.

Called and emailed Arrma. They responded right away. I didn't feel threaten or they didn't make me feel like I'm the problem. Send the all the electrical parts back for them to check. The emailed me right away listing out what I shipped and started processing my work order.

Pros:
  • Awesome customer service.
  • RC chassis and suspension well engineered.
  • Handling is awesome.
  • Fast...powerful.
  • Amazing air time.
Cons:
  • ESC.

Suggestion:
  • Add fuse or heat detection to avoid fire or totalled lost.
Despite my experience and other negative review with my first Arrma. I will be buying a Kraton.

View attachment 8194
Just a bit of history on Arrma. The first generation 6s cars have red motors and red escs, which you have shown in the picture. The red escs have been known to have issues with this exact problem and all of the newer models, or v2 models, have a black motor and esc. I believe that they are sending the new black escs to everybody that has any issues with the older red ones but I'm not 100% sure on this.

If you purchased it this year you should of got the new v2 model, obviously you didn't know anything about previous arrma problems. Arrma customer care is spot on they'll replace it anyway.

No didn't know. Maybe the RC was setting on the shelf for while.
If it was from a hobby shop, who knows how long it has been there. As far as I know the ESC is the only problematic area of the first generation. Arrma should replace at least the ESC for free. Just happy that you and your son are alright.

Thanks....love these RC. They are a beast. Changing up my mind. Picked up a Nero.
Awesome to hear that you haven't given up on Arrma. I've wanted a Nero for quite awhile and if I got one, I think I would get the Big Rock myself. The only thing that is stopping me, besides the huge price tag for the Big Rock, is I am used to working on the open chassis design and am unsure how I will like working on the twin plate chassis. Make sure to let us know how you like it!

Arrma will send you the BLX185 ESC that is the version 2 model. Read along the threads because there is a program card that you can use with the BLX185 ESc. Wait until you got it and then order the program card. The BLX185 is a hobbywing esc rebranded for Arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back