On-road track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scisor34

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
The construction site a buddy and I have been bashing/racing on the past 6 months is now being developed and will disappear soon so we both bought the same Evil Empire Ford GT’s and would like to improve our skills by running them on a makeshift track being that there’s a lot of brand new tar and cement. Just being honest, we’re both pretty lazy when it comes to hauling a bunch of heavy stuff around and was curious if anyone has any good ideas. My initial thought was pool noodles with aluminum or plastic “angle iron” hot glued to each side of them to keep them straight as well as from rolling around. He suggested 2x4s but I know after the first time neither one of us will want to deal with all that. Any advice is appreciated! Also, neither of us own pickups, just cars.

Yep those little soccer cones. You could fit a thousand of them in a car trunk.

Buddy and I are also trying to figure out some other materials that can be used for setting up a track. We have the cones already and though they are decent item to use for setting up lanes and corners and such, you hit one and it flies off! So now you gotta figure out a way to keep planted, taped or maybe weighted, now it runs the risk of damaging the cars or the cones if they can't move or are to heavy.

I personally think some type of Loom Tubing (I think is what it's called or similar too) at around 4 - 6" diameter, then cut in half would be best. As then you can weight it down so it doesn't move your track layout, the cars should be able to still drive over it at a worse case scenario. Though, you do have to unwrap, set it all up, then breakdown, recoil and bring back home and now have to store it as well...

Again, after many weekend nights track racing, with cones or even laying down duct tape for the course, I feel this is one of the more efficient setups... ?‍♂️ :unsure: ???

Drive rebar into the ground and cover them with the cones. They both take up very little room and the cones act as a bumper if you hit one

I appreciate everyone’s input and hope to hear more ideas. I can’t drive rebar into the ground because it is a brand new parking lot that I don’t own. What I’m looking for is the most convenient solution. We’ve both been into rc’s for quite a while and own A LOT of them, but mostly just bashing so we want to Improve our driving skills in a confined area such as a track so it’s not always just a drag race and hope for the best on the corners. Lol
And there isn’t really many tracks close by that are convenient.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back