Kraton On the fly shock rod end repair...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primarrma

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
I went away to visit a friend 7 hours away on the weekend and drove my Kraton at a skatepark on the way, broke a tie rod end on the shock in the first few minutes. I thought well that's it as I didn't bring any spares, but this is what I did to repair it.

There are four cable ties in there, one small one just above the shock rod end on the shock shaft, it is holding a larger one that feeds through the cut out in the shock spring perch and then through the a arm around the bottom of the shock rod end and back up. The other two are through the spring at the bottom and down around the a arm.

This looks ugly, but it held up for three days of hard bashing, even though the rest of the car didn't. I was driving on very rough terrain at high speed of large jumps, i broke things I've never broken before, but this fix was solid. I just thought I'd share because it worked really well for me.

It was the 5k ziptie. I hear they’re good.

It was the 5k ziptie. I hear they’re good.
Never thought much about brands of zip ties. I use panduit's. A buddy of mine works there and every few years, he restocks my supply. I have bags of zips in the closet. I haven't bought a ziptie in 15 years! lol!

He even gave me neat little zip tie tightener/cutters to use as well.

Never thought much about brands of zip ties. I use panduit's. A buddy of mine works there and every few years, he restocks my supply. I have bags of zips in the closet. I haven't bought a ziptie in 15 years! lol!

Panduit are about the best you can get, lucky guy. Ask him for the uv stabilized ones, they are amazing!

Lol. I was joking or may be the jokes on me and so are you guys, lol.

My buddy was a local electrician. He moved back home about 6 years ago.

Couple months back I bought my 1st zip ties in YEARS, smh. I made sure I told him too last time he was here, lol.

Zip ties and duct tape. Ftw.
And some coat hanger. This fix includes zip ties, covered by duct tape and some coat hanger as a makeshift fastener. Voila, a functioning and fairly strong wheelie bar that was snapped in two. Now if I could just learn how to land on the wheels.....

Attachments

• 20190223_161850.jpg
    20190223_161850.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 51

I'd say in okay on zip ties for a while?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back