Outcast Once you go 6S...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also took mine out today and a couple days ago. On 4s it nice and smooth, easy to drive. Not super fast off the line, but i was running the 16t pinion. Popped in a 6s pack and knocked a tooth off the pinion within 10 minutes. Fast forward to today, had an extra 16t laying around from my Typhon (put an 18t in there), and went to my parents' house to rip it up in the fiel across from their house. Ten minutes later...... ripped the wing off after doing an unintentional yet very cool looking backflip from hitting a dip in the field. Then the pinion fell off, wasnt on tight enough. But hey, glad it didnt knock a tooth off again. So i quit while i was ahead.

don't know if i should order the stock wingmount or the RPM one. Also going to order the Tekno springs. Also, i love this truck on 6s! Just roll on the throttle and its doing wheelies! Even at half throttle if i peg it, its wheelie time.

Brought mine out last weekend and ripped the pinion to shreds. Unfortunately when it happened, a broken tooth got between the pinion and spur while it was turning, bending the motor shaft. Talked to Arrma and they said to send it in for replacement.

In the meantime I ordered myself another motor to minimize down time. Put the bigger pinion on, turned my punch back down to 4 and ran 6S today. Amazing. Can't hit full throttle whatsoever because the tires balloon too bad. 30+mph wheelies. BUT, I found that my truck control in the air is FAR better with the bigger pinion on. My jumps are much higher, smoother, and I land parallel to the ground nearly every time now. Throttle control seems a lot better, too...although you really have to feather it. I have videos of today, but can't get them edited right now because I have to be up for work at 3AM.

Loving this truck more and more every time I use it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back