One cell just disappeared!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I have a pair of hard case gensacearespammers 5000 50c 2s batteries that aren't that old. Ran them in my "other" truck for sh!ts and giggles yesterday at the competition. Got home and went to charge, and an error popped up for one battery. One cell has disappeared! Cleaned the balance plug and tried on three different chargers. Nothing. Wires were never pulled and the batteries came out as clean as they went in. Where do I start to get this resolved? The batteries are not that old and don't get used that much. They charged fine on Saturday night before the competition.

I have a pair of hard case gensacearespammers 5000 50c 2s batteries that aren't that old. Ran them in my "other" truck for sh!ts and giggles yesterday at the competition. Got home and went to charge, and an error popped up for one battery. One cell has disappeared! Cleaned the balance plug and tried on three different chargers. Nothing. Wires were never pulled and the batteries came out as clean as they went in. Where do I start to get this resolved? The batteries are not that old and don't get used that much. They charged fine on Saturday night before the competition.
Wait 24 hours and file a missing cell report.

Wait 24 hours and file a missing cell report.
Hopefully whoever finds it will return it. It meant a lot to me and I'm not sure how I'm going to live without it. :(

I think one cell moght have unsolder itself or ripped the alluminum tabs that happened to me once when i nose landed
That was the first thing I checked for, but since it's a hard case, I just pulled on the wires (go ahead Ed) to make sure nothing had come undone.

my 2 cents

IMG_1807.jpg

gensacearespammers are usually dependable packs. The oldest 2s packs I have are gensacearespammers and even after loaning them to bossman's son for his granite....and knowing he abused them, they're still good to go.

That was the first thing I checked for, but since it's a hard case, I just pulled on the wires (go ahead Ed) to make sure nothing had come undone.
Mine also was a hardcase and i menaged to open it quite easily no i just wrap it wil electrical tape to keep the case secure and added foam inside

Yeah and when I do it I think it's cool cause I hear helicopters. Best after a few beers. ?
I was so messed up on fumes that I fell asleep on the sofa in the customer lounge. Yeah I’m the idiot who didn’t open the large garage doors with the cars running in the shop ?‍♂️

All right gents, so jokers be joking huh. We'll see who gets the last laugh after I burn down my house and my wife gets the note with all your names and how to find you on the forum. Last chance, before I open that case up. ???

All right gents, so jokers be joking huh. We'll see who gets the last laugh after I burn down my house and my wife gets the note with all your names and how to find you on the forum. Last chance, before I open that case up. ???
Just leave me the cars in your will. Kthnx

I've got an apartment here at the farm y'all can stay at while it's being rebuilt. ?

Come do it at my house. I'm on good property but my house is here too. I wouldn't mind starting over. Keep the shed out of it and good to go.

Lipos are not that scary i have made a 3s defective out of the box to a 2s before i still have the baterry who was for my rustler 4x4 but i don't have it anymore so... just sitting there at storage voltage

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back