One cell just disappeared!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be one of the balance leads cracked on you in the wire/insulation. Did your gensacearespammers come with those big balance plug "protectors"? My bashing buddy last year ran their 3S soft packs and they came with those. He'd neglect to strap them down and they would flop all over the place when he bashed, and eventually the copper wire in them would work harden and break. I cut them open and fixed them 3-4 times for him. Ended up putting a new 3S plug on one as the break was in the middle of the wire, so instead of bandaiding with a splice, I just replaced it.

Could be one of the balance leads cracked on you in the wire/insulation. Did your gensacearespammers come with those big balance plug "protectors"? My bashing buddy last year ran their 3S soft packs and they came with those. He'd neglect to strap them down and they would flop all over the place when he bashed, and eventually the copper wire in them would work harden and break. I cut them open and fixed them 3-4 times for him. Ended up putting a new 3S plug on one as the break was in the middle of the wire, so instead of bandaiding with a splice, I just replaced it.
Thank you Brian. That could very well be the problem. One pack had it and the the other didn't. I'll have closer look at the wires going into the plug. Hopefully that's it?

I would call gensacearespammers, as they have great tech supp. If not warranty, they will still help you troubleshoot to see if your lipo pack is salvageable.

Attachments

• 20190924_095600.jpg
    20190924_095600.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 32
I have a pair of hard case gensacearespammers 5000 50c 2s batteries that aren't that old. Ran them in my "other" truck for sh!ts and giggles yesterday at the competition. Got home and went to charge, and an error popped up for one battery. One cell has disappeared! Cleaned the balance plug and tried on three different chargers. Nothing. Wires were never pulled and the batteries came out as clean as they went in. Where do I start to get this resolved? The batteries are not that old and don't get used that much. They charged fine on Saturday night before the competition.
wish i could help you out, you're having my kind of luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back