One of my other hobbies...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Z15SS

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Nero
  3. Raider
I am posting this upon request from Rdub. Didn't know where else to post it, but maybe we could all post some pictures of your other passions/hobbies or create a thread for it. I know myself have several interests and we might even make some new friends here!!
So here are a couple pics of another of my Hobbies... One day I'll get around to doing a full restoration, but she's all there!
Chevelle2.jpg
Chevelle.jpg

@72Z15SS that is a beautiful car. I'm not a car guy, much rather drive a truck but I have always wanted a 69' 454 SS Chevelle.

If you ever need someone to drive that around for you, just let me know and I'll come get it. :D

One of these days I'd like to learn how to play the guitar.

I played a little in high school. Stopped for 20 yrs and on a whim bought another guitar. Then I discovered the world of YouTube guitar lessons and learned more from that than I ever did in lessons years ago. Now I have four guitars (it's also an addiction like RC). Lol.
My older brother is in his mid fifties and just started playing a few years ago and progressed fast. It's a great hobby that we get a ton of enjoyment from and would recommend it to anyone!!! It's never too late to learn !

I played a little in high school. Stopped for 20 yrs and on a whim bought another guitar. Then I discovered the world of YouTube guitar lessons and learned more from that than I ever did in lessons years ago. Now I have four guitars (it's also an addiction like RC). Lol.
My older brother is in his mid fifties and just started playing a few years ago and progressed fast. It's a great hobby that we get a ton of enjoyment from and would recommend it to anyone!!! It's never too late to learn !
What would a decent guitar cost, something that won't break the bank but sound good?

What would a decent guitar cost, something that won't break the bank but sound good?

There are a ton out there between $200 and $300 that would be a great place to start. I recommend spending some time in a store to see what feels good. I've learned that feel and sound is what matters, not the looks.
I would stay away from the cheap starter packages because it may turn you off, as the quality won't be that great.

Any other players out there please give us your thoughts!!

View attachment 3789

Here's three of my other hobbies!!!
Ibanez Guitars Rock, almost bought a Steve Vai Gem over the summer... My first bass was an Ibanez.
Here's one of mine and got a bit crazy with this picture...LOL I have as many guitars as I do R/C cars. Had to stop!
20161121_081603.jpg

Last edited:
One other passion/hobby of mine is fishing. Requires some patience for sure, but the hunt and catch can prove addictive like RC. My favorite fishing is rock fishing for fat Lingcod off the coast, but I'm more than happy with largemouth bass anywhere.
IMG_20160501_151416740.jpg

Nice Largemouth!
Thanks. She put up a good fight. I usually use light tackle, makes every fish feel like a shark! I just hope we get enough rain this season to keep lake levels good. This is my go to local lake Folsom. Also a great place to bash RCs!

47122F35-90F3-4BA2-A15B-B0D497233146.jpeg
31771CEB-2A83-4287-B650-BDF23E7C527E.jpeg

So...... I’ve been away from here for a while. The pics show one reason. Got myself a Foxbody back in November. Still waiting for the weather to break in the northeast before I really get into it, but been doing a lot of cleaning on it in the garage (not heated) when temps allow!

I’m on the bottom rung with a Raider here, but I’ve been keeping her in good shape too! Can’t wait for spring!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back