One of those awesome days at the LHS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
I always enjoy going to my LHS. The owner and his wife are awesome people. Today was one of those days I ended up just hanging out there for an hour or so. I brought my Limitless GT with a body Ajag painted to show the owner since he asked. Another customer came in with a custom boat running an 850kv TP motor on 12s. We just ended up shooting the crap and asking each other questions about our rigs. Grown ass men acting like little kids. All giddy and excited. It was awesome. As other customers came and went, they all had questions for both of us and were amazed at the speeds we were running plus what was involved. Good day even though the weather didn't cooperate with me for speed running. When I left the owner told me not to forget to clock out. :LOL:

Thats really cool. I need to step up my social game! being anti social sucks :ROFLMAO:

It's come in pretty handy the last few years though. One of my introverted friends literally didn't change his life at all during shutdowns.

It's come in pretty handy the last few years though. One of my introverted friends literally didn't change his life at all during shutdowns.
That was basically me too 🤣

My LHS is about 40 minutes from me . It has a lot to offer for those around the Ct / Mass area . Indoor 1/10 carpet off road track / 2 indoor crawler courses ( large and small ) / indoor carpet on road track / outdoor turf off road track / outdoor 1/8 scale off road dirt track / drag strip / large crawler course / paved on road course / and an area for bashers . As well as full hobby shop with just about everything RC you can imagine .
I race 2wd mod short course , did the last 2 Sun trophy races , go just about every Sat to run laps / practice / tune our trucks with the friends I race with . Yesterday put 230 laps on my truck testing out new tires !!! 10$ for the whole day for use of the facility , pit area benches , bathrooms , etc .
If you're in the area , it is worth checking it out , RC Madness in Enfield ,CT . The owner is one awesome guy !!! Devotes his life to this hobby !!!

Only one LHS by me where they know what they are talking about. All the rest of them have duds working, bodies on the floor in other words..
I have one around the corner from my house. The guy is arrogant and has attitude so I drive 15 min away to this one. They know my name and are great. Plus, the pricing is the same as if I buy online.
My LHS is about 40 minutes from me . It has a lot to offer for those around the Ct / Mass area . Indoor 1/10 carpet off road track / 2 indoor crawler courses ( large and small ) / indoor carpet on road track / outdoor turf off road track / outdoor 1/8 scale off road dirt track / drag strip / large crawler course / paved on road course / and an area for bashers . As well as full hobby shop with just about everything RC you can imagine .
I race 2wd mod short course , did the last 2 Sun trophy races , go just about every Sat to run laps / practice / tune our trucks with the friends I race with . Yesterday put 230 laps on my truck testing out new tires !!! 10$ for the whole day for use of the facility , pit area benches , bathrooms , etc .
If you're in the area , it is worth checking it out , RC Madness in Enfield ,CT . The owner is one awesome guy !!! Devotes his life to this hobby !!!
That's awesome! I'd buy an RV and just live in the parking lot.

My lhs is about 10 minutes away and I only go if I just can't force myself to wait for an order to arrive. I used to go all the time, but they give awful service and act like you are bothering them just by walking in. I decided I would bother other people with my money...😄

My local RC shop in southern Maryland is a "mom and pop" business: they both have full time jobs, and the shop is their second job (they are only open around 16 hours a week). Jeff is an old RCer from 35 years ago, and he handles the technical stuff and repairs. Michelle is the most friendliest person you could ever meet, and she handles the sales. Some customers drive over 2 1/2 hours to get there because of the number of parts they carry for both Arrma and Traxxas (they are a Traxxas Premium Dealer). The shop has two outdoor tracks, a dirt oval and a dirt off-road course (opening soon), both for 1/10 scale vehicles. They also have an indoor carpet track for 1/16 and smaller vehicles that is open for the winter months. Indoor racing is held every Wednesday and Friday evenings, and outdoor racing (seasonal) has been held on weekends in the past.

Wish I had a LHS. The closest to me is 1 hr and 40 minutes away. About 156km. All the local shops closed down years ago. Apart from the awesome dudes on this forum, I have no one to talk to about this hobby. :(

Last edited:
my lhs is 60 mile's away and the guy owner is a total Pric* wont go back

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back