Granite One tough drivetrain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
The last peice of my puzzle. Really don't think I could make this drive train any more bullet proof. Been using these modified 4s CVD's for a while now...everytime I see them up close I realize why they have never given me an issue.

20210601_210045.jpg
20210601_210552.jpg

The last peice of my puzzle. Really don't think I could make this drive train any more bullet proof. Been using these modified 4s CVD's for a while now...everytime I see them up close I realize why they have never given me an issue.

View attachment 149679View attachment 149680
Thank you for the visual! These are two things I’m thinking on upgrading. Love the hr yolks. Those are Arrma cvds?

Wow, that gets expensive though. The plastic driveshafts are the same for the Granite/Senton/Big Rock/Typhon, shouldn't the 3s CVD's work as well? The 3s Typhon lists the same 3s CVD's as an option part.

EDIT: Just saw another post that said they tend to come apart in a Typhon.

Last edited:
Wow, that gets expensive though. The plastic driveshafts are the same for the Granite/Senton/Big Rock/Typhon, shouldn't the 3s CVD's work as well? The 3s Typhon lists the same 3s CVD's as an option part.

EDIT: Just saw another post that said they tend to come apart in a Typhon.
Yeah. I first got just the full 3s set of CVD's. I have Typhon arms on my Granite. I did not like how extended they were. It was honestly less than 1/2" of the slider inserted.

The design of the CVD ends up being less of the actual "slider" portion. SO when you extend it the same amount as the stock driveshaft, there is much less of the spline inserted in the slider.

Here is the stock 3s next to a stock 3s CVD. SO if you slide each out say 1/2"...notice how much less would be left in the CVD for the spline insert. This was not acceptable to me. I didn't even run them - I took a chance and just ordered one section of the 4s CVD to test fit. It worked out if I trimmed one section as you see from my thread - so I ordered the rest.

Total cost to do this is about $150 for all four. Only around $10 or $15 more than using the HR CDV axles. And I think the way I did it is much stronger.
1622722466476.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back