Outcast One way to to fix a cracked A-arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZted SkullZ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Do to some bad crashes/landings etc. plastic stuff breaks,it's inevitable! :(
And Arrma just doesn't seem to keep up with supply and demand for extra parts....
B/O is a pretty common thing with the Arrma website when trying to order a broken part!

Btw,I first tried some JB Weld but it just didn't adhere to this particular kind of hardened plastic.

So here's a way I tried to repair a cracked lower A-arm joint on my Outcast.

CIMG3872.JPG

It's basically a crude form of plastic welding,"spin welding" would be the best way to go but I don't have one those cool little tools.
Anyway,you just need a good soldering iron that gets hot enough to melt the plastic and some similar type scrap plastic to act like a welding rod to help build up and strengthen the surrounding area.
CIMG3873.JPG

Then simply heat the cracked area and try to melt the broken/cracked part back together without distorting it too much.
At the same time feed some of the scrap plastic into the part you're heating and slowly build up the broken part so it all becomes one piece.

CIMG3874.JPG

Add the scrap plastic as you go
CIMG3875.JPG

Doesn't look pretty,but should get me by till a replacement comes in.
CIMG3878.JPG

WARNING: Do this with adjudicate ventilation or wear a respirator as the smoke/fumes from melting plastic don't smell very good!

I just hope this works now,should be doing some testing/bashing this weekend!:cool:

Do to some bad crashes/landings etc. plastic stuff breaks,it's inevitable! :(
And Arrma just doesn't seem to keep up with supply and demand for extra parts....
B/O is a pretty common thing with the Arrma website when trying to order a broken part!

Btw,I first tried some JB Weld but it just didn't adhere to this particular kind of hardened plastic.

So here's a way I tried to repair a cracked lower A-arm joint on my Outcast.

View attachment 8748

It's basically a crude form of plastic welding,"spin welding" would be the best way to go but I don't have one those cool little tools.
Anyway,you just need a good soldering iron that gets hot enough to melt the plastic and some similar type scrap plastic to act like a welding rod to help build up and strengthen the surrounding area.
View attachment 8749

Then simply heat the cracked area and try to melt the broken/cracked part back together without distorting it too much.
At the same time feed some of the scrap plastic into the part you're heating and slowly build up the broken part so it all becomes one piece.

View attachment 8750

Add the scrap plastic as you go
View attachment 8751

Doesn't look pretty,but should get me by till a replacement comes in.
View attachment 8752

WARNING: Do this with adjudicate ventilation or wear a respirator as the smoke/fumes from melting plastic don't smell very good!

I just hope this works now,should be doing some testing/bashing this weekend!:cool:
Whatz dat wheelie bar you got on there ?
Did you make it ??

You aren't lying about the backorder. Foolish if you ask me when you have two trucks that use most of the same parts

Lots of new bashers got outcasts for the holidays.
Lots of new 6s battteries sold.
Lots of high speed crashes on 6S?
Probably lots of ER visits, haha.

Does anyone know if the Tekno MT410 arms fit?

Whatz dat wheelie bar you got on there ?
Did you make it ??

I made it from some Delrin acetal I had laying around and mounted it to a T-Bone Outcast frt. bumber.
Seems to work pretty good,not as ridged as my other configuration so hopefully things on the back end last a little longer.

Fix one thing and something else breaks.....now this!:(

CIMG3892.JPG

I guess you tell by what's on B/O from Arrma the parts that break the most!

Last edited:
Lots of new bashers got outcasts for the holidays.
Lots of new 6s battteries sold.
Lots of high speed crashes on 6S?
Probably lots of ER visits, haha.

Does anyone know if the Tekno MT410 arms fit?
Not sure on that, wanted to mention that Mugen Mbx7 arms can be adapted to fit Typhon easily by using a screw in place of lower shock pin, wondering if Mugen truggy arms would work? Great durable brand from what I've heard/seen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back