Who is better in your opinion..??

• Amain

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • TowerHobbies

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Throwing this out there...

What online shop do you find has better service/prices/etc

TowerHobbies or Amain..???

I would be shipping internationally, so that's a big deal to me..!!
Any opinions or feedback ??

I used to order from Amain because they had 2$ shipping on small stuff but I think that's gone. What is it you're looking for that we can't get on this side of the pond?

Oh and beware: my Jennys order got posted on 24.4. and tracking still says in transit... So if you plan on getting some parts for autumn, go right ahead :D

I use amain and have been happily paying a bit extra for ups lately. But thats a really big river between you and I. Don't know if one or the other would be quicker for you.

I wouldn’t be buying anything via USPS mail anytime soon. They are about to go bankrupt and it’s a ticking time bomb. If nothing else there will be massive delays. Try to use UPS or FedEx.

I used to order from Amain because they had 2$ shipping on small stuff but I think that's gone. What is it you're looking for that we can't get on this side of the pond?

Oh and beware: my Jennys order got posted on 24.4. and tracking still says in transit... So if you plan on getting some parts for autumn, go right ahead :D

You’re based in Europe and buying from Jenny’s? Don’t you find the shipping fees outragous? I was about to process my first order yesterday, but cancelled the whole plan when I saw the shipping fees. The shipping to Canada was 66$US for a ~150$ order. No way I am paying this. I didn’t do the whole calculation to see how much I was still saving, but I doubt I’ll be saving that much with such shipping fees. I prefer paying a bit more and giving it to my LHS anyway.

By comparison, my last M2C order (275$US), which included a Kraton chassis, was 32$US for the shipping fees. Purchased on 2020-04-30...still waiting for it. Anxiously. :)

Huh, shipping to Europe is cheaper. What I hate is paying the state almost half the value of the parts on import.
I shopped at jennys twice, once a big order with a bunch of parts so it was worth paying for shipping and taxes. And a month ago I ordered a chassis, something like 13$ plus 13$ shipping. Should be below taxable value. And still cheaper than EU breakers!

Huh, shipping to Europe is cheaper. What I hate is paying the state almost half the value of the parts on import.
I shopped at jennys twice, once a big order with a bunch of parts so it was worth paying for shipping and taxes. And a month ago I ordered a chassis, something like 13$ plus 13$ shipping. Should be below taxable value. And still cheaper than EU breakers!

Wow! I don't see how that makes any sense that shipping to Europe is cheaper than shipping to Canada. Good for you I guess! :)

I wouldn’t be buying anything via USPS mail anytime soon. They are about to go bankrupt and it’s a ticking time bomb. If nothing else there will be massive delays. Try to use UPS or FedEx.
Cheers for the heads up on that, if I order I'll use UPS..??

Only bankrupt! ?
I highly doubt it and it would have to be Chapter 7. Chapter 11 doesn't mean you go away.

I'm not sure how they would let the mail system in the US go away. Come on. ?

Cheers for the heads up on that, if I order I'll use UPS..??

I don't know how it is for you in the UK... Here in Canada, using UPS to purchase from another country is a great way to get totally raped by custom fees. USPS is the safest. They just hand it out to Canada Post and you may or may not be charged 9.95$CDN + the applicable taxes and duty on the imported items. With UPS, only God knows how much they will charge you, but for sure it will be a lot.

(It may have changed...I haven't used UPS in years, for this reason.)

I don't know how it is for you in the UK... Here in Canada, using UPS to purchase from another country is a great way to get totally raped by custom fees. USPS is the safest. They just hand it out to Canada Post and you may or may not be charged 9.95$CDN + the applicable taxes and duty on the imported items. With UPS, only God knows how much they will charge you, but for sure it will be a lot.

(It may have changed...I haven't used UPS in years, for this reason.)
Being in the UK I'm used to getting screwed over on shipping, customs, import taxes and bull? postal fees..!!
But hey, if you want something that's the choice you have to make..???
In the UK the RoyalMail charger roughly $10 just to tell you, you have fees to pay..!! then the fees are extra on top..?

I agree, don't think USPS is going anywhere.
I've been using Tower for 15+ yrs, no real gripe with them. They "usually" make right a wrong. Don't use Amain because I have no track record with them.

Back