Online HS for the K8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemesis3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Since I have no LHS what online hobby stores do you guys like? Any to avoid (if that question isn’t taboo?) I know a lot are sold out right now with a restock coming mid/end of February.

^ yup amain treated me very well. To elaborate my original post, I also had good experiences with horizon, JennysRC rcsuperstore, and rcplanet. I shop at other places for aftermarket parts though, like rcjuice (but they’re very controversial I’ll warn you. I’ve had great experiences but others have had bad ones) and, castlecreations.

Not stocked/not in stock at Horizonhobby, Jenny’s RC, Amain, Rc Superstore or Rcplanet.

Towerhobbies has them listed in stock any feedback on them?

Not stocked/not in stock at Horizonhobby, Jenny’s RC, Amain, Rc Superstore or Rcplanet.

Towerhobbies has them listed in stock any feedback on them?
I have bought a ton from Tower. No worries about ordering from them.

Likely a wait till next batch situation unless anyone has other recommendations. Thanks for the thumbs up on Tower. I had an order in with them and the charge went through but then they emailed me to let me know the privacy settings on the card kept them from continuing the order. Spoke with them on the phone and no worries, they canceled the charge quickly.

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago through Tower, went smoothly. Just as an FYI, if you hate actually getting on the phone to contact customer support, don't use Horizon, they are horrible at communicating by email, you'll have to get a live person on the phone to get results.

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago through Tower, went smoothly. Just as an FYI, if you hate actually getting on the phone to contact customer support, don't use Horizon, they are horrible at communicating by email, you'll have to get a live person on the phone to get results.
Talking on the phone is a good thing. Teddy at horizon customer support has helped me many times and is a nice guy. Very rare these days to find a person and to have that person actually know what they are servicing...

I recently ordered an Infraction from Vortex Hobbies, smaller outfit out of Utah, because they still don't charge sales tax. Real nice folks, there was a mix up with my shipping address (PayPal issue) - called them and they immediately reached out to FedEx and straightened it out. Good service.

I am the type to prefer a local hobby store versus online, so I don’t mind calling versus emails.
Also unless a company has long phone wait times it’s also more expedient and generates better results in my experience. I like to do repeat business with a good company once I find them.

I agree with you @Jimbobjr if you can find a good person that also knows the products that makes all the difference.

I was able to order with Tower by replacing the order and using PayPal.

I *believe* Tower has their own separate warehouse space at the Ontario, California Horizon warehouses as that is where my package shipped from and Tower is located in Champaign, Illinois. I say “their own” as since Horizon was listing out of stock for the K8s but tower isn’t. I am hypothesizing the inventories aren’t combined for the two online stores, though I believe horizon owns tower now. Also that there is shared warehouse space at least for tower in the Ontario warehouse, though not sure if horizon has items stocked in the Illinois one. It would make sense depending on available space as spreading out inventories from west coast to mid America lowers shipping costs for “free” shipping and lowers customers cost for non free shipping items and lower shipping times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back