Only aux channel 3 shows up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
SR6100 6-channel receiver. DX5C transmitter. Castle MMX ESC.

When I go to the transmitter aux settings, it only recognizes channel 3 which I use for handbrake. It will not let me choose settings for the other channels.

I want to use the castle aux wire but the transmitter/receiver doesn't seem to recognize it. I've tried plugging the white wire into the signal port of various channels and even tried another set of castle ESC wires.

Any ideas?

If you have AVC on, AUX1 and AUX2 are used for AVC gain.

1668450165134.png

Not sure if that counts as channel count though (eg, Steering = Ch1, Throttle = Ch2, AVC Gain AUX1 = Ch3, AVC Gain AUX2 = Ch4, Handbrake AUX3 = Ch5) and so therefore you don't have access to AUX4.

SR6100 is an AVC/gyro Rx. If you are AVC enabled during the bind process, Aux channels 3 and 4 ( channels next in line) are normally allocated for AVC control.
That aside, have you "Assigned" the channel you want/ need. The CC aux wire channel should respond if that channel is assigned and active.
My DX5C was always finicky in regards. Why I removed most of my models from the DX5c.
I like my RC6GS and Noble radios better.
Sorry I can't help more. :cool:

If you have AVC on, AUX1 and AUX2 are used for AVC gain.

View attachment 256263

Not sure if that counts as channel count though (eg, Steering = Ch1, Throttle = Ch2, AVC Gain AUX1 = Ch3, AVC Gain AUX2 = Ch4, Handbrake AUX3 = Ch5) and so therefore you don't have access to AUX4.
I would suspect it does as you can change the throttle and steering gain on the gyro independently with the DX5.

+1, Unlike with the RTR radios. Only Steering gain is available.
With the DX5C, Priority, St and Thr Gain is available.
Not a Fan of AVC at all.
And I always felt Frame rates suffer when it is enabled.

+1, Unlike with the RTR radios. Only Steering gain is available.
With the DX5C, Priority, St and Thr Gain is available.
Not a Fan of AVC at all.
And I always felt Frame rates suffer when it is enabled.
I rather liked AVC, even with the DX3. I liked it a lot better than the gyros in the Flysky and Radiolink receivers anyways.

I found that only my Infr RTR radio (v.1 Infr. DX2E) with AVC is the only properly working example of AVC I ever had. I keep the St gain very, very low. And works perfectly.
AVC sucked with any other rig I've had using my DX5C. I have many Unused Spektrum AVC rx's here as a result. I use them on ocassion with AVC disabed.
My RL Gyro Rx's and SkyRC standalone Gyros work best.
At least for me. :unsure:
I removed most all of my rigs from my DX5c as a result.

Last edited:
The DX3 with the rotary knob makes adjusting AVC steering gain more palatable. Even on the DX5 Pro it doesn’t appear you can use the rotary knob to adjust gain. Ir sucks having to do it through the trim tabs.

But reserving judgement and feelings for AVC aside I hope this answers OP’s question.

Thanks guys. I hadn't considered AVC blocking out some channels. I just turned it off and can now access channels 1/2 as well as 3 like before.

I can't see channel 4 either way though. I'd need access to all 4 channels in order to use AVC, handbrake, and the castle aux wire simultaneously.

Is there some other setting that could be blocking channel 4?

1668453656716.png

Because it’s a five channel transmitter and can only address 3 auxiliary channels in addition to steering and throttle? That would be my guess and so it doesn’t have provisions to address AUX4 even if you skip 1-3.

Also it’s a five channel radio so you wouldn’t be able to use AVC, handbrake and castle Aux wire simultaneously as that would be 6 channels

Because it’s a five channel transmitter and can only address 3 auxiliary channels in addition to steering and throttle? That would be my guess and so it doesn’t have provisions to address AUX4 even if you skip 1-3.

Also it’s a five channel radio so you wouldn’t be able to use AVC, handbrake and castle Aux wire simultaneously as that would be 6 channels
Well poop. That makes sense. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks guys. I hadn't considered AVC blocking out some channels. I just turned it off and can now access channels 1/2 as well as 3 like before.

I can't see channel 4 either way though. I'd need access to all 4 channels in order to use AVC, handbrake, and the castle aux wire simultaneously.

Is there some other setting that could be blocking channel 4?

View attachment 256271
Rx manual clearly states regarding AVC and requiring 2 dedicated Aux channels.
The only thing you are allowed to do with those aux ports are to power BEC accessories, no servos. ( just fans and lights) This will not interfere with the AVC's use of the Aux channels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back