only changed Diff fluid on front now they wont spin when powered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So I got the assortment of diff fluids in the mail that I ordered yesterday, 10k, 30k and 50k. I decided to open the front one first, I cleaned it out and re-lubed it. After reassembling everything I had it on the bench with no wheels and hit the throttle but only the rear wheels were spinning. Now my question is this: Did I reassemble it wrong or is it not spinning because it has the thickest fluid of all 3 diffs and all should be fine once I change center and rear?

The fluid shouldn't make any difference. Is the front center dogbone in place?

yes it is in place. don't get me confused the wheels turn by hand but when applying power on the bench with all 4 wheels off the ground only the rears are spinning where before all 4 wheels were spinning

Any chance you can provide video? My guess is improper gear mesh between the front diff pinion and ring gear. Like something is binding in the front. The gear oil in the front has nothing to do with it.

stupid me, I took it apart again to find I put the diff gear in backwards with the teeth facing to the right. smh

stupid me, I took it apart again to find I put the diff gear in backwards with the teeth facing to the right. smh
Haha, you are not the only one. I made that mistake with a Tamiya once. The rear wheels turned forwards and the front wheels turned backwards on throttle.
I had a big HUH? in my head and looked like a dog. Still a laugh though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back