Outcast Only one battery wire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raptor14

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi to all.
New member here, fairly new to the hobby after 35 yr break.
I am fairly amateur at moment but keen to learn. I have just got the outcast 4s v2. I do kinda love it but find it bit slow. I am using 4s lipo and not changed anything. And yes to it set to 100% on transmitter. Not tested speed but wld say about 30mph. Any thoughts?
Also is there a way to cut off second battery wire to just leave one connector. Find it really annoying having all the cables and i don't intend to use 2x 2s.
Would love any thoughts. Many thanks to all and happy new year.

Welcome and congrats on the new rig... As for the battery wires, yes, you can eliminate the second plug..

you would need to desolder and solder some wires though.. if your not confident in doing so you can bring it to your local hobby shop ( if you have one) and have them do it for you...

As for the speed, I would suggest you calibrate the esc, neutral, forward throttle, reverse throttle. the procedure can be found in the manual or online...

One question before you do though... Does it seem punchier/ faster in reverse?

Welcome to the Ranch!

Glad to see you back into the hobby. Such a great time to experience all the latest advances to the overall industry.

BEFORE you recalibrate..
Double check to make sure you are actually on 100%, the switch should be pushed all the way to the Right (looking at it straight on)

[IF you calibrate throttle while it is Not on 100% then you WON'T be able to achieve full power.]

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on the new rig... As for the battery wires, yes, you can eliminate the second plug..

you would need to desolder and solder some wires though.. if your not confident in doing so you can bring it to your local hobby shop ( if you have one) and have them do it for you...

As for the speed, I would suggest you calibrate the esc, neutral, forward throttle, reverse throttle. the procedure can be found in the manual or online...

One question before you do though... Does it seem punchier/ faster in reverse?
Hi there, thank you for warm welcome.
Do you know any videos or instructions to eliminate 2nd wire. I can solder ok so be confident to do so.
Also yes it does seem so.
I did calibrate esc. Tried it twice.
I did swap out transmiter to a dumborc i don't feel i recalibrated it again after. Would that make a difference?
Welcome to the Ranch!

Glad to see you back into the hobby. Such a great time to experience all the latest advances to the overall industry.

BEFORE you recalibrate..
Double check to make sure you are actually on 100%, the switch should be pushed all the way to the Right (looking at it straight on)

[IF you calibrate throttle while it is Not on 100% then you WON'T be able to achieve full power.]
I swapped out to a dumborc transmitter. Wld i need the gain turned tp full when i calibrate that?

Hi there, thank you for warm welcome.
Do you know any videos or instructions to eliminate 2nd wire. I can solder ok so be confident to do so.
Also yes it does seem so.
I did calibrate esc. Tried it twice.
I did swap out transmiter to a dumborc i don't feel i recalibrated it again after. Would that make a difference?

I swapped out to a dumborc transmitter. Wld i need the gain turned tp full when i calibrate that?

Yes!
Absolutely, You should recalibrate again.

Personally, I would hold off on cutting your ESC wiring..
If you experience any ESC problems later, you'll have a hard time getting warranty service from Horizon Hobbies with your cables cut up..

(Just zip-tie it up for now. If it's in your way.)

Last edited:
Yes!
Absolutely, You should recalibrate again.

Personally, I would hold off on cutting your ESC wiring..
If you experience any ESC problems later, you'll have a hard time getting warranty service from Horizon Hobbies with your cables cut up..

(Just zip-tie it up for now. If it's in your way.)
Thank you. Will do that. Bash on

Thank you. Will do that. Bash on

You're welcome.

Because 30-ishMPH is Not acceptable..
You should easily break 55+MPH going down a slight slope 😉🤘

Welcome, and have fun! "Hopefully" you're not getting full performance at the moment, and it has more still to give after just a simple recalibration, etc.

I'm planning to change my battery & ESC connectors. I'm probably going to go to just a single connector on the ESC. I only have 6S packs, so there's no real benefit to leaving the extra connector and wire. They're just adding a bit of weight, and more electrical resistance.

I figure if I got multiple 3S packs in the future, I could unsolder just one leg of the single ESC connector, and change it back to a 2-connector setup.

You could also make a series harness for the smaller batteries, turning a pair of 2S into a 4S, for plugging into the ESC. But that's more connectors (and electrical losses) then using 2 connectors on the ESC.

Welcome, and have fun! "Hopefully" you're not getting full performance at the moment, and it has more still to give after just a simple recalibration, etc.

I'm planning to change my battery & ESC connectors. I'm probably going to go to just a single connector on the ESC. I only have 6S packs, so there's no real benefit to leaving the extra connector and wire. They're just adding a bit of weight, and more electrical resistance.

I figure if I got multiple 3S packs in the future, I could unsolder just one leg of the single ESC connector, and change it back to a 2-connector setup.

You could also make a series harness for the smaller batteries, turning a pair of 2S into a 4S, for plugging into the ESC. But that's more connectors (and electrical losses) then using 2 connectors on the ESC.
I did convert to a single plug and removed all the excessive wire. This saved a lot of weight when I wanted to be very light with a single battery with few connections.

For me single battery = high performance track use. Light wheels and little wire as possible.

Dual battery is high speed bashing use, so I don't mind the extra wire weight as much after I ruin the handling with the bigger tires and added pack. Also better to have the added resistance at higher voltage when it matters less.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back