only steering no driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ijv

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
totaly new in the rc ........my arrma granite is only steering and not driving what can be wrong?

it was putting itself on and off in the beginning but now it does not make the start up sound no more and can only steer left /right

How old is the Granite?

First step would be to check all your connections to and from the motor and electronic speed controller (ESC). If those all check out okay you might have a fried ESC. The good news is that it might still be under warranty depending on the age of your Granite.

How old is the Granite?

First step would be to check all your connections to and from the motor and electronic speed controller (ESC). If those all check out okay you might have a fried ESC. The good news is that it might still be under warranty depending on the age of your Granite.

about six weeks ,light on esc works and i can scroll "the menu"
but there is no beep using the menu and start up

Sounds like your esc. is damaged, but it's BEC is still working and powers your receiver and servo.

It may sound strange, but your servo could have a faulty electrical circuit which has damaged your esc. It happened to many Arrma trucks before.

So contact your local reseller for warranty!

Sounds like your esc. is damaged, but it's BEC is still working and powers your receiver and servo.

It may sound strange, but your servo could have a faulty electrical circuit which has damaged your esc. It happened to many Arrma trucks before.

So contact your local reseller for warranty!

its at the reseller now ...
what is bec?

i am wondering can this all be done using the standerd battery ?

BEC = Battery Eliminator Circuit.

The battery is plugged into the ESC. Most ESC's have a BEC that they use to siphon off some of that power so it can be used by the servo(s) and receiver. (Thus eliminating the need for a separate battery to power the servo(s) and receiver).

the granite came back yesterday from the shop and took it for a short spin it seemed ok......

however today i switched it on and it gave me a flashing bleu licht with full cell
and keep switching on and off again
first thought was ,here we go again.......

looks like the problem was the menu it was set at lipo??
i am sure it was set at nimh yesterday

is this a known issue ?

I've had the same problem with my blx.. Drove it one morning in wet grass. Stoped cleaned the grass off went to run it again and only one beep and only steering. Checked all connections till I gave up.. Tried again 20 min later and everything was fine.
It did the same thing after playing in some sand with it took some air to it and went to turn it on olny one beep won't got but will steer.. Checked everything still one beep waited awhile then worked fine??
Kinda scary:(

Did you try to run the car again?
If yes, did the problem occur again?
yes made a spin or two , it did not occur again yet
only the on and off switching and bleu flashing licht (low voltage) did happen with this bls before it was returned for repair .....they replaced the esc for a new one

Last edited:
starting to think that the esc from arrma sucks big time..........:mad:

if i want to replace it what is the best choice ?

You are the second person with BLS esc. problems. So beside it is an annoyance for you, in general we cannot conclude yet this is an serious issue.
But strange it happens again...it could also be the servo again...

Nevertheless if you want to replace it you have to look for a minimum 40A car esc. for a brushless sensorless motor. Plenty of options and it will not break the bank ;)

You are the second person with BLS esc. problems. So beside it is an annoyance for you, in general we cannot conclude yet this is an serious issue.

Nevertheless if you want to replace it you have to look for a minimum 40A car esc. for a brushless sensorless motor. Plenty of options and it will not break the bank ;)

i am maybe the second one .....only on how many reg.bls users?
if youre ref. is this site ... it is still ten procent?

searching the internet looks like many do not use the original esc any more..

does this fit?

el.PNG

Attachments

• el.PNG
    el.PNG
    96.3 KB · Views: 50
My Granite Mega has done the same thing today. I replaced the servo last week. Today it started acting up It will run but it will speed up and slow down by itself.

My BLS is having the same issue. Was running fine then all of a sudden it stopped and will only steer. The red and green light are constantly on. When you press the throttle the blink.

Just bought a brand new bls granite yesterday. Paid $470 worked for about 10 minutes now it has no go but can turn left and right. Super pissed. Being brand new and spending that much on them they should work flat out.also does anyone know if they support the lipo 3s battery?

i am maybe the second one .....only on how many reg.bls users?
if youre ref. is this site ... it is still ten procent?

It is hard to say how many percent do encounter problems with their BLS.
And besides this forum there are at least 3 other fora where people post their experiences with their Arrma's.

You could buy a new esc. And indeed the one you link from a Dutch webshop might work.

I do not know this particular esc
But I do know the brand.

Since hobbyking has good products too I will never say this one might be bad. Could be a cheap third party option!

I just paid 600 for arma 6s notorious 6 days ago. Today after 5 minutes all of a sudden i lost motor only had steering . Reset to factory settings and 2 minutes later no LED or motor or sounds when turning on. Still have steering .

I just paid 600 for arma 6s notorious 6 days ago. Today after 5 minutes all of a sudden i lost motor only had steering . Reset to factory settings and 2 minutes later no LED or motor or sounds when turning on. Still have steering .
Hello and welcome @Anth1981 you just resurrected a 7yr old thread. If you question does not get answered start a thread in either the electronics section or 6s Kraton forum.
Sounds like you hit thermal on the esc to me. Sometimes even just a short run of full throttle rips will cause the esc to over heat and shut down.
Good luck with it, hope you’ve got it sorted.
Jim

I am another one with a Outcast 6S that’s behaving the same way. I’ve been trying to follow up with the warranty claim, as mine is 6 months old, but haven’t had any luck. I’m frustrated with Horizon/Arrma They took away the ability to speak with someone and the chat hasn’t helped either.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back