Canada Ontario basher's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never mind I am dumb. It's a regular max10 3800kv 3650 motor. I could probably mount the ESC on the chassis but the truck body really helps.

View attachment 217838

I think it's a 60A ESC. Anyways it's really dumb.

Wow. Your cable management is leaps and bounds better than mine.

This what it looks like.

View attachment 217839

Those are the wheels off a mini e-revo.
The giant wheels mean driveshafts get twisted right to heck.
Nice, I forgot you said it was on a truck body. The hardest part was having everything fit under the buggy body.
For the last 2 weeks I have been going to the Meadowdale sports park. Its a good spot for like 2 -3 RC's at max. Its a fin nice little spot with a send it jump as well
What do you usually run there? I'm not sure how centennial is on the weekend but during the week it is a ghost town.

Last edited:
Nice, I forgot you said it was on a truck body. The hardest part was having everything fit under the buggy body.

What do you usually run there? I'm not sure how centennial is on the weekend but during the week it is a ghost town.
Outcast 6s EXB. I run on all 6s power. I find it 6s too much but that is what's fun. Finding enough space to gun it for like half a second lol

I'm trying to put together a group for a bi-weekly park race/bash meetup in the Guelph/KW/Cambridge area. So far we've got 7 people. If anyone wants to join let me know!

I just went to a local indoor air conditioned skate park. Trying to convince them to let us run electric trucks. It's in mississauga. Would anyone be interested in this?
CJ'S skate park

https://cjsskatepark.com/

It's near dundas and cawthra in mississauga.

They might run a 2 hour monthly or weekly event for RC guys. They have power to charge batteries. They might try and partner with Big Boys.

Anyone in?

I just went to a local indoor air conditioned skate park. Trying to convince them to let us run electric trucks. It's in mississauga. Would anyone be interested in this?
CJ'S skate park

https://cjsskatepark.com/

It's near dundas and cawthra in mississauga.

They might run a 2 hour monthly or weekly event for RC guys. They have power to charge batteries. They might try and partner with Big Boys.

Anyone in?
I think it would be a great idea during the winter months.

I'm trying to put together a group for a bi-weekly park race/bash meetup in the Guelph/KW/Cambridge area. So far we've got 7 people. If anyone wants to join let me know!
I would be interested! Does anyone know if McLennan Park in Kitchener still doesn't allow bashing? I'm just getting into the hobby and looking for a good spot in KW. Thanks!

I would be interested! Does anyone know if McLennan Park in Kitchener still doesn't allow bashing? I'm just getting into the hobby and looking for a good spot in KW. Thanks!
Beauty! Got FB? I'll add you to the group, just pm me.
I haven't been, but from what I've heard from locals it's still a no-go unfortunately.

I did a big order from them once. And paid extra for express shipping to guarantee arrival in time for a weekend bash.
This is a petty point but it actually took Canada Post 15 days to ship from Mississauga to Oshawa. I called and complained and asked for a refund. Was told I had to seek it through the sender, as only they could claim the refund. So I messaged HobbyHobby. They ghosted. Messaged Canada Post to explain and they said refund was already sought and given. But I didn't get it.
Screenshot_20220712-205719_Outlook.jpg

I know it's only 16 bucks but it's the principle. I could have driven there. Figured 16 bucks saved the gas.
And I know covid screwed everything up. But CP guaranteed it within 3 days. Not 15. Understandable all around so refund me.

Last edited:
Its not the worst thing. When I ordered from them during covid I picked it all up or got it shipped. Everything came earlier than expected. I love that shop. Great Hobbies is my other fav. I
I'm usually lucky. I live smack dab in middle, within 5 minutes, of Great Hobbies, Tryd and True, and my go-to, XtremeRc. Tryd and True doesn't carry anything ARRMA(except, as I teasingly pointed out to them, SCREWS). But they are a GREAT crawler shop.

Yeah during that time Canada post like most companies had major staff shortages. I had packages sitting at customs for over a month. If that's the worst experience with a company consider yourself lucky.

Yeah during that time Canada post like most companies had major staff shortages. I had packages sitting at customs for over a month. If that's the worst experience with a company consider yourself lucky.
Again, I understand. I waited 3 months for Scorched fenders that sat in customs half that time. But that's besides the point. Customs wasn't involved with a package from Mississauga to Oshawa. Oshawa is in Canada too. Like I said, I only picked that option because it would have been closer to $40 in gas for the hours drive both ways.
Here's where it all gets sketchy. I admit I could be blaming HobbyHobby for something they didn't do.
All I can say for sure is they didn't respond to the email.
Canada Post could have been wrong about the refund, or even just trying shut me up.
I tend to hold myself accountable in all business relations as a contractor. I screw up, I fix it. Even if I lose money. So I think it's fair I hold others to the same level of accountability.
Maybe direct contact would have been better. But due to a hearing loss, I couldn't exactly call them up nor did I care to involve others to make such calls for me.

Again, I understand. I waited 3 months for Scorched fenders that sat in customs half that time. But that's besides the point. Customs wasn't involved with a package from Mississauga to Oshawa. Oshawa is in Canada too. Like I said, I only picked that option because it would have been closer to $40 in gas for the hours drive both ways.
Here's where it all gets sketchy. I admit I could be blaming HobbyHobby for something they didn't do.
All I can say for sure is they didn't respond to the email.
Canada Post could have been wrong about the refund, or even just trying shut me up.
I tend to hold myself accountable in all business relations as a contractor. I screw up, I fix it. Even if I lose money. So I think it's fair I hold others to the same level of accountability.
Maybe direct contact would have been better. But due to a hearing loss, I couldn't exactly call them up nor did I care to involve others to make such calls for me.
Yeah, I'm still thinking it's more Canada posts responsibility. You paid for quick shipping. So hobby hobby paid the extra to Canada post. It's not like they pocketed the money and sent it regular parcel shipping. (At least I hope not) So in the end I would say it's all on Canada post. Unfortunately it's a lot harder to boycott them. 🤦
Edit: I sorta get it now. Hobby hobby did pay for their service which wasn't delivered so they could have requested a refund. Doubt they would have gotten it but could have tried.
If you do happen to see them sell a Mojave roller for $20 please pass it along to me. 😁 👍👍👍

Yeah, I'm still thinking it's more Canada posts responsibility. You paid for quick shipping. So hobby hobby paid the extra to Canada post. It's not like they pocketed the money and sent it regular parcel shipping. (At least I hope not) So in the end I would say it's all on Canada post. Unfortunately it's a lot harder to boycott them. 🤦
Edit: I sorta get it now. Hobby hobby did pay for their service which wasn't delivered so they could have requested a refund. Doubt they would have gotten it but could have tried.
If you do happen to see them sell a Mojave roller for $20 please pass it along to me. 😁 👍👍👍
No doubts there. They DID use Expresspost and provided the tracking. I watched the package come to Oshawa(a day late, but still manageable for weekend) and then for some reason, it got sent BACK to Mississauga.
I just feel HobbyHobby should have responded to my email and bitched at CP, "hey our customer paid us for this and you didn't deliver so give us back our money so we can make it right with him".
I would never ghost a customer because I can honestly tell you that a good 80% or more of my private jobs are with customers I already did work for or their immediate friends/family. 23 years and I've never advertised once or owned a business card and I turn down or redirect more work than I take on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back