ONYX 3000kv brushless combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stGranite

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Has anyone ran a onyx? i am looking at one for a brushless system in my granite i just need opinions on how it runs. its ok if no one has ran it before. if no one has i guess i will be the first.

Pretty sure that the esc is a rebranded WP10BL60 that has limited programming and the motor is only a 3650 can. It should work okay but keep an eye on temps.

And what was wrong with all the stuff people were recommending to you in the other thread?

Pretty sure that the esc is a rebranded WP10BL60 that has limited programming and the motor is only a 3650 can. It should work okay but keep an eye on temps.

And what was wrong with all the stuff people were recommending to you in the other thread?
It wasn't what he wanted to hear, aka it costs too much.

It wasn't what he wanted to hear, aka it costs too much.
You gotta pay to play in this hobby. You buy cheap crap and you end up spending a lot more in the long run.

Is it this one?
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LXLDCF&P=ML

As slick said, Onyx is Tower's house brand, but they don't make anything. They just slap their name on other products. ESC and Motor are probably Hobbywing - they do a lot of re-brands for lots of companies (including Arrma)

It will be better quality than a GoolRC/Suprass/Racerstar combo, but it is still a smaller 3650, and so you will need to run a small pinion to control heat. Still, it will be faster than the MEGA motor. With this mild motor, you could skip the full BLX conversion, just get the HD17t input, and maybe the HR steel spur and call it good.

Nothing was wrong they just recommended 150 dollar products. (out of my price range) yes those are good setups but they were from china so i'm getting it from my local hobby shop RC PLUS.
Is it this one?
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LXLDCF&P=ML

As slick said, Onyx is Tower's house brand, but they don't make anything. They just slap their name on other products. ESC and Motor are probably Hobbywing - they do a lot of re-brands for lots of companies (including Arrma)

It will be better quality than a GoolRC/Suprass/Racerstar combo, but it is still a smaller 3650, and so you will need to run a small pinion to control heat. Still, it will be faster than the MEGA motor. With this mild motor, you could skip the full BLX conversion, just get the HD17t input, and maybe the HR steel spur and call it good.
Thats it, i might have to learn about brushless a little more before im hitting 60-70 on the road if you know what i mean.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back