Onyx battery disappointment

donp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Typhon 6s
Anyone using onyx batteries in the Nero? I have 2 6000mah 2s and 2 5000mah 3s I use. I noticed both 2s and 1 3s are starting to puff already. I don't run them to the cutoff, they still charge and run the truck well. I even bought a new charger when I purchased them, the venom pro duo 80 watt to charge 2 at a time.

Fiery

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Anyone using onyx batteries in the Nero? I have 2 6000mah 2s and 2 5000mah 3s I use. I noticed both 2s and 1 3s are starting to puff already. I don't run them to the cutoff, they still charge and run the truck well. I even bought a new charger when I purchased them, the venom pro duo 80 watt to charge 2 at a time.
the higher the c rating, the less likely they are to puff

alibby456

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
I would suggest not holding full throttle for more then a few seconds. If I hold full throttle for more then 3 seconds on 6s I am starting to cringe unless its on pavement LOL. Same thing applies if your in grass giving half throttle, (but not getting half throttle worth of response) === too much load

Putting too much load on the batteries, they should only come out warm, not warm/hot enough to puff IMO. The Nero platform is a beast and is heavy, which results in lots of traction vs spinning. If your puffing the batteries now, then a few months of that type of use will reduce the overall cycles you can get from the pack.